Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 2584 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 9: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #1
Team (by quarter) = C, E, G, J (average = F)

7 Cripps
5 Graham
2 Simpson
1 Lamb

Reply #2
6 Cripps
4 Fisher
3 Graham
2 Petrevski-Seton
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #3
Team F:

7: Cripps
3: Graham
2: Lamb
2: Simpson
1: Fisher

Reply #4
Team F
9 Cripps
3 Lamb
2 Fisher
1 Graham

Reply #5
I haven't posted anything post match yet. I was simply too angry and didn't want to just let my frustrations reign.
A day later and I'm not at all happy, but I have settled enough to be reasonably objective. (As much as I ever am!  ;)  >:D  >:D  >:D )

Team:   F
When Pagan was coach and we lost by 100 points, I was angry. But I wasn’t as angry as I was yesterday. We had just been crippled by sanctions and our list was probably as weak as it could have been.  But that was then. Our list simply isn’t as bad as it was back then. Granted that so many of our better players were unavailable due to injury, but those guys who went out yesterday did not play for each other. They did not play for the Guernsey. Many of them barely played at all. I have never been so embarrassed by a Carlton team.
   The first quarter was quite good, but the rest was a disgrace. Our effort was poor. There was no spirit and minimal work for each other. Our tactics dissolved under their pressure and our total lack of pressure. Our strategy might have worked if we’d kept trying. As it didn’t, we should have thrown things around and tried a plan B. We didn’t. Our selections set us up badly as we didn’t have the players named to make a change in the ruck, where our troubles started.

Votes:
Last week we had almost everybody make a decent contribution. This week there were a few cameos and a handful of performances that deserved to be recognized. I have mentioned a few players below, but we had only one 4 quarter player and his name was Cripps.
[5]   Patrick Cripps
[3]   Nick Graham
[2.5]   Sam Kerridge
[1]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[1]   Zac Fisher
[1]   Sam Rowe
[0.5]   Liam Jones   
[0.5]   Dale Thomas
[0.5]   Lachie Plowman

Explanations:
[5]   Patrick Cripps:      Considering that we were totally murdered in the ruck and that our midfield was pounded, there was one shining light: Patrick Cripps. This lad did it all. He took marks. He kicked a goal and it should have been more. He managed clearances with three players hanging off him. He took on the entire Melbourne midfield and still produced. I wish we had 3 or 4 of him.
[3]   Nick Graham:      Probably Nick’s best game in the first half. He managed to show why we retained him on our list. He was very quiet in the third quarter but tried his guts out in the last.
[2.5]   Sam Kerridge:      Kerridge stood tall as well. He showed maturity and poise that he doesn’t always manage.
[1]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   Some nice cameos and a nice last quarter, but this guy is capable of just so much more.
[1]   Zac Fisher:      Zac had one of his quietest games in the first half, but he lifted in the third quarter and was dangerous.
[1]   Sam Rowe:      Thrashed Hogan and various others. He made one mistake, and it cost a goal.
[0.5]   Liam Jones:      Robbed of a mark of the year contender going back with the flight of the ball in the first quarter, Jones really put in. He cared.   
[0.5]   Dale Thomas:      Probably Daisy’s worst game of the year, but he did put in and keep trying.
[0.5]   Lachie Plowman:   Plowman’s 1st half was his best for the year by quite a margin. He fell out of the game after half time.

Honourable Mentions:
Harry McKay:      Early in the game, when we were trying, Harry looked very dangerous and was easily having the best of his various opponents. But after half time he was invisible.
Patrick Kerr:      Like McKay, Kerr had it all over Lever and McDonald early in the game. And we managed to kick it near him. But after half time he was … missing.
Matthew Kreuzer:   Totally thrashed as he has been few times in his career, he kept trying and did some nice things. But his effort got the mention, nothing else.
Kade Simpson:        Good first quarter and good last quarter. Wasn't sighted in between.

I look at this and I wonder how I got this many!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Team F
5 Cripps
4 Fisher
3 Kerridge
2 McKay
1 Graham

Reply #7
Team - sh1t

Cripps 9
Kruezer 3
Fisher 2

Reply #8
Team F

4 Crippa
3 Graham
2 Samo
2 Lamb
1 Kruez
1 Simmo
1 Rowe
1 Kerridge

HM our tall babies up fwd. Please feed them so we can see them grow.
Zac Attack.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Team F
Cripps 5
Graham 3
Fisher 2
Kerridge 1
Lamb 1
Jones 1
SPS 1
Murphy 1

Reply #10
Team F.

Cripps 6
Lamb 4
Graham 3
Fisher 2
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Team. F

5. Cripps
4. Lamb
3. Graham
2. Petrevski-Seaton
1. Kerridge

I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #12
Not surprised that there are not a lot of responses this week. I'll give it another 24 hours before I close this thread. But if you've got some votes to share, now is a good time.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
Im going to add an A+++ for every supporter endured any of that for even close to the entire four quarters.  I turned it off at the usual place when we lose, which is just before the final siren goes, and before they start playing the opposition's song.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
Team (would like to  give Z)  F

6: Cripps
3: Graham
2: SPS
1: Murphy
1: Fisher
1: Kerridge
1: Rowe