Skip to main content
Topic: Republican of the Year (Read 47369 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Republican of the Year

Reply #15
 :D

My wife's just been talking to her Aunt in far North Queensland. A passionate National party voter and huge Tony Abbott fan.
She had her on loudspeaker and she gave him an absolute serve.

If she's off the bandwagon Tony's in real strife ;D

Reply #16
Bizarro world stuff from Tony. No matter his intention, he must have known that he was never going to be able to get his message out on this one. It was simply a "here's me head, please kick it" moment.

Reply #17
Well Tony has been PM for long enough now to get the car, assistants, flight card etc once he moves/gets moved on yes? Massive rort this. Bah!

Saw this via a mate and gave me a few chuckles:

Prince Philip has expressed profound disappointment at his recent demotion to a knight, advising that he intends to fight the appointment. “I’m taking the matter to Fair Work Australia,” he said. “I’m a prince g0ddammit, not a knight. Am I seriously supposed to ride a horse again?”

The Prince has been reeling from the news at Windsor Castle surrounded by his closest bottles of gin. “I’ve worked hard all my life attending party after party after party dealing with an eye-crossingly dull wife, stupid children, h0rny staff and patting poor people’s babies and what is the thanks I get for it?” he asked whilst putting up a sad-face on his Facebook page. “A mad colonialist telling me I have to be his chainmail b!tch.”

Australian prime minister and leading satirist Tony Abbott announced yesterday that the Prince be appointed his knight. “He’s a Catholic for god’s sake,” the Prince said fumbling around his bar. “I can’t serve a Catholic. Are you mad? Didn’t we get rid of them in the war?”

It is not known when the Prince is to report to duty and what his shifts will entail. “Will I have email?” he asked. “And I want to be to able to tweet while I’m at work.”

There is no word on what the Prince’s exact title will be. “Liz suggested Sir Drinksalot and I told her to go to he!l.”

The Royal Couple were seen yesterday shopping for tights and helmets at Harrods. The Prince remained despondent, insisting: “Nothing fits and they seem to be out of swords. We might have to go Tesco.”

The Queen has promised to come and visit the Prince while on duty. “I’ll bring his lunch if I can,” she said, while sorting through the red-spot specials of scarves at Harrods. “He loves my sandwiches.”

At first, it was thought the Prince would be completing his duties in Sydney but it appears now he will be stationed in Canberra. “I mean honestly, how many m0rons with no teeth can I take? Will there be anyone decent on Tinder?”

Mr Abbott was contacted for comment, but was unable to provide any. He’s expected to announce Prince Andrew’s appointment to the Royal Children’s Commission later in the week.

Reply #19
I'd take more interest in politics if I could find an individual / party who was aligned with my political position.

Extreme centre.

Reply #20
Lodsie, I agree he's gone, he just needs to comprehend it...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #21
I'd take more interest in politics if I could find an individual / party who was aligned with my political position.

Extreme centre.

Know the feeling, starting to feel like a radical being so 'moderate'  :o
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #22

Who says Tone's a monarchist? :D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
Jesus Lodsy old Son..are you watching ABC 24???  LNP are getting smashed...Toxic Tony is imagining footsteps behind him  >:D
Keep the Faith

Reply #25
Jesus Lodsy old Son..are you watching ABC 24???  LNP are getting smashed...Toxic Tony is imagining footsteps behind him  >:D

I am watching it.
Sounds like the Premier is gone.
PM to follow

Australia one up and QLD following Vic in giving LNP the flick . Cold beer in hand and Wifey baking in the kitchen. Fan-bloody-tastic!
Keep the Faith

Reply #26
Reckon Bishop and Turnbull can start working out the numbers as Abbott is finished and I reckon he will be gone by the end of the month
after tonights Qld result. When your main Liberal media yes man in Andrew Bolt starts bagging you then you know you are finished...

Reply #27
A post election post from the oldsite.

flyboy77 wrote:

Time will show Gillard to be far worse than any before (or hopefully) after....

Abbott will be her saving grace and a saving grace for all women in politics simply because he is such a dick!! Laughing

Actually I believe that Abbott will change the face of Australian politics simply because of how stupid he is, it's going to be hilarious.

Gillard has been crucified for all manner of things, Rudd, Being a woman, Not having a family, personal image and red hair.

Abbott Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cant wait Laughing

Seriously did I say how much I'm looking forward to "TONY ABBOTT..Prime Minister of Australia" ROTFL Heaps ROTFL Heaps ROTFL Heaps
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #28
Yes, Tone will be a casualty of the national "No Dickheads" policy I'm afraid.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
First term governments getting turfed, sitting PM/Premiers getting turfed... Australian politics is broken I tells ya!

I still doubt they will dump Abbott.