Skip to main content
Topic: Baby Blues vs Coburg on Sunday at Preston (Read 14305 times) previous topic - next topic

Baby Blues vs Coburg on Sunday at Preston

Northern Blues vs. Coburg
Sunday 28th July
Preston City Oval at 1:00 PM

Northern Blues

B Coulson* Dirago Joseph
HB A. Gianfagna Davies Duigan
C Dale Cachia O'Keeffe
HF Wilson Laidler Temay
F Buckley Casboult Menzel
R Warnock Graham Lambert
Int Posar Meese Bransgrove Thomas Lincoln Currie Mitchell T. Bell Marcon

Coburg
B: Batchelor Elton Astbury
HB: Ellis Dea Tuck
C: Conca Clifton Lonergan
HF: Carnell Griffiths Nahas
F: O'Hanlon A. Edwards McGuane
R: Stephenson Arnot Helbig
Int: Groves Thomas McDonough N. Maric Uysal A. Saad Venditti Darrou Brandt McBean Derickx Boyd* Verrier

Nice to see Tom Bell named. I wonder if he'll play?
Coburg have had the wood over us recently. Aaron Edwards has had leather poisoning and kicked heaps. I hope there are a few Tigers who are going to play senior footy, as their team looks much better than usual.
Stephenson also tends to play well against us.
I hope we can show some of the spirit and endeavour we displayed last week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Baby Blues vs Coburg on Sunday at Preston

Reply #1
Sunday 28th July
Preston City Oval at 10:00 AM

Northern Blues

B: Posar Valladares McDonald
HB: Drew Currie Yelland
C: Gleeson Marcon Lincoln
HF: Soncin Visser Thomas
F: Bransgrove Mitchell Dorman
R: Meese Ballard Bonaddio
Int: Taglieri Dufficy Toman A. Bell D. Watson Cattapan Burgess Clark Marchbank Delahunty

Coburg

B: Egglestone Yelland Coots
HB: Groves Grimes Grgic
C: Venditti Brandt Keogh
HF: A. Saad Murphy Barrack
F: Lindon Iudica N. Maric
R: Dean Spagnolo Uysal Thomas
Int: Robertella Bean Simon Drake Keenan Easton Dundon Palazzo Linton O. Saad Cleary Robinson
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Think Shane Tuck will be a dangerous player..I'd have him down for 30+possies and Edwards should get his usual bag of goals.
Good to see Okeefe back in the team along with Tom Bell, hope both do well and can play some senior footy in the remaining games.

Reply #3
Sunday 28th July

Northern Blues

B Coulson* Dirago Joseph
C Dale Cachia O'Keeffe
HF Wilson Laidler Temay
R Warnock Graham Lambert

Coburg
Int: Groves Thomas McDonough N. Maric Uysal A. Saad Venditti Darrou Brandt McBean Derickx Boyd* Verrier

Coburg have had the wood over us recently. Aaron Edwards has had leather poisoning and kicked heaps. I hope there are a few Tigers who are going to play senior footy, as their team looks much better than usual.
With Cachia playing today at Metricon instead of Bootsma, there will be at least 1 change. I don't know if Boots can play, if he is ready to play.
I hope Tom Bell is ready to play!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Sunday 28th July

Northern Blues

B Coulson* Dirago Joseph
C Dale Cachia O'Keeffe
HF Wilson Laidler Temay
R Warnock Graham Lambert

Coburg

With Cachia playing today at Metricon instead of Bootsma, there will be at least 1 change. I don't know if Boots can play, if he is ready to play.
I hope Tom Bell is ready to play!

What warms the cockles more than anything is that there are blokes in this squad who could claim a place in the Seniors. We are progressing.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #5
If Laidler  is continually played as a forward and is denied the opportunity at senior level then I call MM a "C".  Let's face facts. Most of Micks changes appear to be  anti Ratts. Walker to the backline, No Laids or Duigs, Yazz the forward, disrespect of Eddie, love of Lucas. I actually expect to see Laids seek a trade back to Geelong and he will become a gun. 
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #6
If Laidler  is continually played as a forward and is denied the opportunity at senior level then I call MM a "C".  Let's face facts. Most of Micks changes appear to be  anti Ratts. Walker to the backline, No Laids or Duigs, Yazz the forward, disrespect of Eddie, love of Lucas. I actually expect to see Laids seek a trade back to Geelong and he will become a gun.

Walker is playing probably his best season to date, Lucas has taken a big step forward, Yazz has been made to have a much needed attitude adjustment and I can't see any evidence of Eddie being disrespected. If all of these changes are to discredit Ratten's coaching, then it proves that Ratten needed to be sacked because everything you've mentioned has improved the team.

Neither Laidler or Duigan have been setting the world on fire in the 2's, even when Laidler has been played back it hasn't been exceptional.

Reply #7

Walker is playing probably his best season to date, Lucas has taken a big step forward, Yazz has been made to have a much needed attitude adjustment and I can't see any evidence of Eddie being disrespected. If all of these changes are to discredit Ratten's coaching, then it proves that Ratten needed to be sacked because everything you've mentioned has improved the team.

Neither Laidler or Duigan have been setting the world on fire in the 2's, even when Laidler has been played back it hasn't been exceptional.
No offence to anyone involved, especially Laids, but last week was the first time this year that he really DEMANDED his spot back in defence. I liked it. If he can replicate that today, then he DESERVES a senior game in defence. I hope he can get one to show what he can do.
I don't think Malthouse thinks Laids is the answer, but even he can change his mind if he gets his nose rubbed in it badly enough.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
Sorry mate, couldn't disagree with you more on all of the above. You call MM a "C", do you expect him to pick players on name and reputation do you? Seen a few NB games have you? Duigan and Laidler have been putrid on a large number of games and hardly warrant selection. Robbo got a rocket last week and was sent back and responded, I suspect there will be more of that with others. When challenged, some blokes respond, some dont and/or sook it up. The two aforementioned appear to be in the second category at the moment. All is not lost though, they get a chance to prove themselves again today.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
@GTC
Agree, MM is shaking the complacency out of this group and saying that if they want a game in the navy blue they have to be good enough and demonstrate 100% commitment - no matter who you are. Nothing wrong with that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
@GTC
Agree, MM is shaking the complacency out of this group and saying that if they want a game in the navy blue they have to be good enough and demonstrate 100% commitment - no matter who you are. Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah exactly Cookie, thats been missing in our coaches of the past.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Blues won by 58. Casboult 3, Bell 2 + 33 possies. Graham had 32.

Reply #12

Excellent news - pressure for a senior spot next week!  ;D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13

Would love to see Graham play next week against Freo. Rest Lucas maybe.

Reply #14
Sorry mate, couldn't disagree with you more on all of the above.

In the light of day (read sober) I can see how I got a bit over emotional. I was just annoyed to see Laids again named at CHF and not getting a chance to prove himself in the ones when others (Boots, Watson) seem to be given an easier path. FWIW I don't believe Mick is a "C". ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST