Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations (Read 42999 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

On the 3rd of April we play Sydney. An interesting game considering we played Sydney at Etihad just a few weeks back.
of the guys who played on Thursday, Dylan Buckley probably had the least impact. His spot would be the most likely to be available.

Ciaran Byrne is the guy most likely to be promoted on his last effort. It would be harder to promote Charlie Curnow, Smith or Whiley simply because they didn't play and couldn't impress.

Walker is another possible option to be dropped: he started well enough but fell out of the game like he'd been shot. A week or 2 in the Magoos may help his fitness and confidence.
Not a high probability change.

Everitt will probably retain his spot: 17 possessions and a couple of VERY nice goals probably cancels out his less than optimum work rate.

Lamb is another guy who might be considered: he was OK without doing a heap. His defensive pressure is much more obvious than anything Everitt has done.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs Sydney Pre Game Postulations

Reply #1
I would be surprised if Thomas doesn't get a run, not that I necessarily think that he's entitled to a game.

Buckley has to be vulnerable and I reckon Lamb could make way too; one tackle isn't good enough for a bloke who is supposed to help lock the ball into the forward 50.

I'd like to see Byrne get a game.  His run is important but he's got some attitude to go with it.

White may be another who the selectors will look at.

We still don't have the depth and blokes in the NBs demanding games but it will be interesting to see how the MC responds to average performances.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
I reckon Bolton will go in with the same team TBH, they had a good crack, give them another go.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
I reckon Bolton will go in with the same team TBH, they had a good crack, give them another go.

White will get dropped imo. Made a couple of big errors. Lamb i thought was pretty good.

Reply #4

I thought he virtually guaranteed Daisy a run so I'm expecting at least one change.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
White for Daisy?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
I would be surprised if Thomas doesn't get a run, not that I necessarily think that he's entitled to a game.

Buckley has to be vulnerable and I reckon Lamb could make way too; one tackle isn't good enough for a bloke who is supposed to help lock the ball into the forward 50.

I'd like to see Byrne get a game.  His run is important but he's got some attitude to go with it.

White may be another who the selectors will look at.

We still don't have the depth and blokes in the NBs demanding games but it will be interesting to see how the MC responds to average performances.

BB pretty much said in his presser that Daisy would come in and Buckley would be vulnerable IMO. I think we'll retain White for his toughness against the Swans. Byrne would be a good addition but who goes out for him? Not sure - he may have to wait a little longer.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
Changes won't be easy as Buckley was the only player to have a truly bad game. Even then it was probably just a bad one but then again you'd want Byrne to come in. Like Jaksch to come in for White as I think we need a 2nd key forward to help Casboult. Bar the 2 awful errors in the 2nd qtr, which cost us a goal, he wasn't too bad.

Daisy will probably come in but i'm not sure who for. If it was a choice to pick Byrne or Daisy I'd go Byrne first as his form in the VFL has been so good.

Reply #8
So did Charlie miss playing the VFL and the main game due to being an emergency?

If this is so then I think Bolts might give him a go up forward and just shift Cas up to CHF.

Syd are a relative tall team aren't they? Who will stand Franklin?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #9
On the 3rd of April we play Sydney. An interesting game considering we played Sydney at Etihad just a few weeks back.
of the guys who played on Thursday, Dylan Buckley probably had the least impact. His spot would be the most likely to be available.

Ciaran Byrne is the guy most likely to be promoted on his last effort. It would be harder to promote Charlie Curnow, Smith or Whiley simply because they didn't play and couldn't impress.

Walker is another possible option to be dropped: he started well enough but fell out of the game like he'd been shot. A week or 2 in the Magoos may help his fitness and confidence.
Not a high probability change.

Everitt will probably retain his spot: 17 possessions and a couple of VERY nice goals probably cancels out his less than optimum work rate.

Lamb is another guy who might be considered: he was OK without doing a heap. His defensive pressure is much more obvious than anything Everitt has done.

Thought Walker wasn't too bad. Used his body well for a couple of lovely marks. Wouldn't be dropping him.

Yes, Everitt, for all his criticisms, does take marks and hits the scoreboard regularly.

Reply #10
So did Charlie miss playing the VFL and the main game due to being an emergency?

If this is so then I think Bolts might give him a go up forward and just shift Cas up to CHF.

Syd are a relative tall team aren't they? Who will stand Franklin?

Hmmm, Rowe or Jamo?? LOL. Maybe give the keys to Weitering and see how well he can drive.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11

Why would C.Curnow get a game, when nothing he has done yet even closely resembles a KPF at AFL level?

If they change the structure this week, which I don't think they will, bring in Gorringe, at least he's kicked some goals at VFL level against AFL listed opponents and has the body to cope with a seasoned team like Sydney.

Reply #12
Why would C.Curnow get a game, when nothing he has done yet even closely resembles a KPF at AFL level?

If they change the structure this week, which I don't think they will, bring in Gorringe, at least he's kicked some goals at VFL level against AFL listed opponents and has the body to cope with a seasoned team like Sydney.

If C.Curnow was to play he might be forward but not KP yet. Mightn't be quite ready for that.

Reply #13
With Sydney pounded Collingwood into the SCG turf, our task is looking somewhat more difficult....
However, given our performance a couple of weeks back, maybe we were not that bad either.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
With Sydney pounded Collingwood into the SCG turf, our task is looking somewhat more difficult....
However, given our performance a couple of weeks back, maybe we were not that bad either.

Could get ugly but the Swans might be more complacent after belting the Pies....