Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain (Read 40058 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain

I'll finish the title of the thread after the result is known. Otherwise, this is just preparation for later tonight.
I hope it isn't pain, but prescience is not among my skills (otherwise we would NEVER lose a game).

Live Long and Prosper!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game ....

Reply #1
When is BB going to earn his money? Must be working on the theory of 3 steps back 1 step forward?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game ....

Reply #2
When is BB going to earn his money? Must be working on the theory of 3 steps back 1 step forward?
I didn't thin we deserved to lose by 10 goals, but we almost did. And we could kick only 5. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 3: Carlton vs Gold Coast: Post Game Pain

Reply #3
Recruited too many players who were slackers in High School but because they were jocks they got all the girls and thought their sh*t didn't stink. 
And we just continue to feed their egos by paying them overs to live the life of Riley.  Fair dinkum, if I showed the same inability to perform the core functions of my job I would have been sacked long ago.

We got rid of a bunch of frauds last year. Second round of culling can't come soon enough.

Cameron Ling says, "Outstanding defensive effort from Gold Coast tonight".  Yeah, right.  ::)
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #4
Can expect Casboult to be the only target down forward, just gets gang tackeld every contest...Jaksch and Gorringe have to play next week IMO and either Philips or Kruezer have to go out as both are useless down forward...

Reply #5
Recruited too many players who were slackers in High School but because they were jocks they got all the girls and thought their sh*t didn't stink. 
And we just continue to feed their egos by paying them overs to live the life of Riley.  Fair dinkum, if I showed the same inability to perform the core functions of my job I would have been sacked long ago.

We got rid of a bunch of frauds last year. Second round of culling can't come soon enough.

Cameron Ling says, "Outstanding defensive effort from Gold Coast tonight".  Yeah, right.  ::)

The Suns are young fit, fast and skillful. I agree with Ling - mind you, we made it easy for them.

I still think they have cultural issues to sort out.

Reply #6
Executing skills under pressure, holding marks we get our hands to, even our level of fitness; until we cure these issues we will be ordinary.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Ive seen enough of this list

The only thing im looking forward to this season is who are we delisting trading and recruiting. ...

Reply #8
Our forward function is very poor. Tackling very poor.  So many turnovers inside 50. You could see them in the last quarter just give up.

Reply #9
Up until the last quarter I didn't think we were so bad tonight.

Krooz can't mark a ball.  He's gone backwards.

Phillips has gotten worse each game.

Jamison has been a great servant to the club but you can see his heart ain't in it anymore.

Rowe.  No.

Murphy.  Captains can't be allowed to have these sort of games.  He and Cotchin are the 2 worst captains in the league.

Gibbs vanished after half time. 

But -

Weitering - magnificent.  I'd love to see him play CHF but we so desperately need him down back.

Curnow the older played his guts out.  If only he could kick.

Curnow the younger is getting better.  Definitely love what he offers.  Though not convinced he should play down back. 

Byrne wasn't bad at all.  Deserves a second game.

But we stank it up in that last quarter.

Reply #10
Executing skills under pressure, holding marks we get our hands to, even our level of fitness; until we cure these issues we will be ordinary.

Agree, and I would add decision making is a big problem as well.

Reply #11
Only round 3 and the year is getting longer by the minute.....*sigh*
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #12
Once again we got lead up the garden path during the off season , brainwashed into thinking we would improve.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
Up until the last quarter I didn't think we were so bad tonight.

Krooz can't mark a ball.  He's gone backwards.

Phillips has gotten worse each game.

Jamison has been a great servant to the club but you can see his heart ain't in it anymore.

Rowe.  No.

Murphy.  Captains can't be allowed to have these sort of games.  He and Cotchin are the 2 worst captains in the league.

Gibbs vanished after half time. 

But -

Weitering - magnificent.  I'd love to see him play CHF but we so desperately need him down back.

Curnow the older played his guts out.  If only he could kick.

Curnow the younger is getting better.  Definitely love what he offers.  Though not convinced he should play down back. 

Byrne wasn't bad at all.  Deserves a second game.

But we stank it up in that last quarter.

Not sure I agree on Murph, but I agree with everything else. Fair post.

Reply #14
GOLD COAST  3. 2      5. 7      9. 10    13. 16 (94)
CARLTON        1. 3      3. 5      5. 8      5. 11 (41)

GOALS
Gold Coast: Lynch 4,Martin 3,Cameron, Day, Hall, Malceski, Matera, Sexton
Carlton: Casboult, Cripps, C. Curnow, Tuohy, Wright

BEST
Gold Coast: Hall, Ablett, Lynch, Martin, Malceski, Kolodjashnij
Carlton: Weitering, Gibbs, Docherty, Curnow, Cripps

Our fitness levels still leave much to be desired. We haven't been able to keep up in a single last quarter this year. They got some very easy goals at the end because guys like Boekhorst (to name just one) didn't keep up.
Live Long and Prosper!