Skip to main content
Topic: Brexit (Read 9203 times) previous topic - next topic

Brexit

Obviously that could be one possibility. I wonder though how high it would be on a new governments list of priorities, especially if that government is led by a bloke called Bill?  ???

You never know what is going to happen, just ask the EU?
The Force Awakens!

Re: Brexit

Reply #1
You never know what is going to happen, just ask the EU?

What a cock-up! A classic case of MPs, apart from a minority, being way out of touch with the people they are supposed to represent.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
What a cock-up! A classic case of MPs, apart from a minority, being way out of touch with the people they are supposed to represent.

The people voting for this don't realise that Scotland is next!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3

From what I've been reading I don't think most of them would be too bothered. Could also re-ignite a serious push for Irish re-unification, Sinn Fein are already making noises. There will be a major problem to be resolved there due to the border between north and south if one country is in the EU and the other is not.

Apologies this is way off topic now!

Reply #5

The majority of Scots voted to remain.  Perhaps Scotland will secede from the Union and apply to join the EU  ???

I suspect other countries will be thinking seriously about their membership of the EU.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
British PM David Cameron has resigned.

Reply #7
From what I've been reading I don't think most of them would be too bothered. Could also re-ignite a serious push for Irish re-unification, Sinn Fein are already making noises. There will be a major problem to be resolved there due to the border between north and south if one country is in the EU and the other is not.

Apologies this is way off topic now!

Being Northern Irish and Irish mate, I can guarantee you that the North won't be part of a United Ireland for a while yet. Catholics are out-breeding Protestants, that's a fact. In other words, once it gets way past 50/50, it'll be game on, assuming the majority want it to happen. And then, you need to consider if the south even wants the north. Not guaranteed at all. Remember that generations have acclimatised to a separation. Never mind The threat of sectarian violence by idiot unionists in the South if there was a united Ireland. Very real, scary possibility. One of the reason I left the place - politics are utterly fuc&ed.
Keep the Faith

Reply #8
Being Northern Irish and Irish mate, I can guarantee you that the North won't be part of a United Ireland for a while yet. Catholics are out-breeding Protestants, that's a fact. In other words, once it gets way past 50/50, it'll be game on, assuming the majority want it to happen. And then, you need to consider if the south even wants the north. Not guaranteed at all. Remember that generations have acclimatised to a separation. Never mind The threat of sectarian violence by idiot unionists in the South if there was a united Ireland. Very real, scary possibility. One of the reason I left the place - politics are utterly fuc&ed.

And as for Sinn Fein and that utter bastar$ Gery Adams. Fuc$ em. Terrorist politic front. The guy has blood on his hands and the only reason he isn't dead and now in Southern Ireland politics is because of a deal made for the Northern Ireland peace process. He is not well loved by half of the north I can assure you. Wasted decades of prosperity at the hands of him and Ian Paisley. Idiots both.
Keep the Faith

Reply #9
Not good news for Australia IMO, the sterling will be devalued and I reckon share prices will keep falling and world economies get shaky when this stuff happens....could lead to a recession in the UK and problems for us in terms of a GFC again...

Reply #10
The majority of Scots voted to remain.  Perhaps Scotland will secede from the Union and apply to join the EU  ???

I suspect other countries will be thinking seriously about their membership of the EU.

I'm not at all against the Poms leaving but the people voting for it were voting on immigration but have forgot about the economic implications . Long term it may work out but If the scots leave the UK watch the money run out of the U.K. .

It will be a blood bath.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #11
I'm not at all against the Poms leaving but the people voting for it were voting on immigration but have forgot about the economic implications . Long term it may work out but If the scots leave the UK watch the money run out of the U.K. .

It will be a blood bath.

Yes, this takes the lid off some very serious simmering tensions in Britain and the situation could become very unstable. A worrying time for sure.

Reply #12
.........and I fly out for London today!!

Reply #13
I'm guessing that buyer's remorse will be the order of the day over there.  The Leave camp is already walking away from core promises such as a promise emblazoned on a campaign bus that the annual money paid to the EU would be paid into the National Health Service.  After the vote concluded, Google was bombarded with searches in England on 'What is the EU?'  Truth is stranger than fiction.

Reply #14
But the polls said.....
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!