Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 9: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 16529 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Rd 9: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Fremantle

Car'n the Blues!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 Rd 9: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #1
F'ing rotten mongrel prick c0ck b4stard dog green maggot f@cks cost us that game in the second quarter with a string of arsehole decisions... They weren't even subtle about it. Stinking maggot pricks.

Reply #2
F'ing rotten mongrel prick c0ck b4stard dog green maggot f@cks cost us that game in the second quarter with a string of arsehole decisions... They weren't even subtle about it. Stinking maggot pricks.

Ably led by Maggot in Chief, Razor Ray himself.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Gee deags.... don't hold back mate. Just say what you're thinking ^-^
I agree though. Some real shocking decisions in both commission and omission. Bugger. Our boys were courageous but had it against them big time.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
Jack Silvagni needs to spend some time with Sav...... It's becoming a habit and it cost us big time today.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #5
Jack Silvagni needs to spend some time with Sav...... It's becoming a habit and it cost us big time today.

Yep, he's playing sore as well, but he obviously has a confidence issue.

SoJ looks like he doesn't want to take shots even when only 25 or 30 out!

We should be managing these kids, not flogging them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
League umpiring is in trouble. The play on at all costs instruction is turning australian rules into a rolling maul rugby with unlimited contact permitted provided the ball continues to spill free. Disgraceful umpring today. Players are regularly throwing the ball out of packs, plowing into backs and making illegal contact but it is play on regardless.

Injuries took their toll and we looked shot by the second half when we returned to bad old carlton, spraying the ball high and long inside 50 but from too far out. We are making progress in defence which looks increasingly settled but lack forward movement and pace through the middle.

Positives include williamson who played a fine game along with docherty. Cripps stood tall and gibbs played a four quarter game. Murphy's goal in the first quarter was goal of the year stuff.

Hope rowe and thomas are ok, but the knee buckling looked bad.

Reply #7
Umpiring cost us.  They were cheating.  We still have some spuds:

Nick graham.  Awful.
Charlie Curnow- Big question mark
Cunningham- no.
Not sure about zac fisher either.

Gibbs. 34 touches, 6 tackles, had no effect on game.

Stupid game plan of keepings off.  Yes it limits thrashings but we can't score.

Disappointing effort. 

Reply #8
It's no good fans crying for the club to play the kids then complaining when they go missing.

SPS, Fisher, Curnow, Cunnigham as a group were almost invisible today. That overloads the rest of the team and you end up with a bloke like Murphy limping off with a groin injury!

The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
Injuries and playing with pain is part of AFL football..we have a bye after the North game and probably a good time to give some of the sore and tired kids a break

SPS, Jack, Charlie look like they need a rest...our next game after the bye is against GWS sometime in mid June but a break for them would be good.

Reply #10
The only thing that disappointed me with this game is the team collectively didnt crack in with vigor all game like this team normally does... just slightly listless today probably tired kids.

Reply #11
Umpiring cost us.  They were cheating.  We still have some spuds:

Nick graham.  Awful.
Charlie Curnow- Big question mark
Cunningham- no.
Not sure about zac fisher either.

Gibbs. 34 touches, 6 tackles, had no effect on game.

Stupid game plan of keepings off.  Yes it limits thrashings but we can't score.

Disappointing effort.
Entitled to your opinion but just remember one thing, 31 games into a total rebuild. We were a rudderless shambles of a club. We are now showing we can be competitive and when it goes well, we can match it with anyone. Problem is, we are still growing and need to get maturity into the newbies so they can sustain effort for longer periods. Curnow played game number 12 or something? We have seen glimpses of what he can do. If he is doing what he is now in 2-3 years time still, fine, have a crack. Its a slow process, piece by piece, be patient, there are clubs in alot worse of a state than us.
Also, dont under estimate what it means to be 2 men down for such a long period of time. Rowe has been one of our more important players. Daisy runs hard and organises the kids out on the ground. The two rotations less hurt us more so than the shocking umpiring IMO.
And as for the Foxtel commentators, I know why I dont pay for a full Foxtel subscription. Unlistenable. (if that's not a word I just made one up).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
The only thing that disappointed me with this game is the team collectively didnt crack in with vigor all game like this team normally does... just slightly listless today probably tired kids.
I didnt see every minute of the game but I saw plenty cracking in.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #13
SPS, Jack, Charlie look like they need a rest...

Sure do. After an interstate trip in the wet, rotate them out next week which gives them 2 weeks off and bring in a couple who we have in the wings for insurance.  Remember SPS had no preseason and hasn't missed a game. Needs a decent break.

Reply #14
Entitled to your opinion but just remember one thing, 31 games into a total rebuild. We were a rudderless shambles of a club. We are now showing we can be competitive and when it goes well, we can match it with anyone. Problem is, we are still growing and need to get maturity into the newbies so they can sustain effort for longer periods. Curnow played game number 12 or something? We have seen glimpses of what he can do. If he is doing what he is now in 2-3 years time still, fine, have a crack. Its a slow process, piece by piece, be patient, there are clubs in alot worse of a state than us.

You know who that guy is? Only comes on when we lose which means we'll see less and less of him as the years go by. :)