Skip to main content
Topic: Half-time entertainment (Read 3124 times) previous topic - next topic

Half-time entertainment

Alex Lahey is a young lady I have known all her life - her mum is a close friend - and she is performing during the halftime break of our match against the Pies.

Alex is a great songwriter/musician/singer and Mrs DJC and I loved her album launch concert in Geelong recently - I think we pushed the age demographic up quite a bit  ;)

If you needed another reason to go to this game, Alex is it!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Half-time entertainment

Reply #1
Alex Lahey is a young lady I have known all her life - her mum is a close friend - and she is performing during the halftime break of our match against the Pies.

Alex is a great songwriter/musician/singer and Mrs DJC and I loved her album launch concert in Geelong recently - I think we pushed the age demographic up quite a bit  ;)

If you needed another reason to go to this game, Alex is it!
Sorry DJC, I am sure the young lady is super talented and I wish her the best but unless its a Superkick thing or Grand Final Sprint, I dont do the half time entertainment thing. Its too Seppo for me and I despise it at the footy. Call me a fuddy duddy but I just dont like it. I go to the footy to watch footy. I don't see footy clips at rock concert intermissions, there's a good reason for it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Agree. If the game can't entertain and keep you occupied,  don't go.  Half time  is 20 mins? I suppose if it means the speakers aren't been blown into our ears with totally banal stuff, it may be an improvement - what happens to the Auskickers?

The marketing of the tennis this year was about anything but the tennis - food, covets,  activities.  If you can't even advertise your product something is wrong

Reply #3
I don't mind a bit of half time entertainment. If it's not to your taste then go and get a pie and a beer or something.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Oh how I long for the days when the halftime entertainment was piffing coins at the blokes carrying the donations blanket around the boundary line ... or queuing for 25 minutes to get to the pissoir.  That was more fun than a barrel full of monkeys  ::)

Times have changed and I don't mind something a bit different during the long break.  Provided that the sound system is adequate.  If it's not to my taste, I do as Cookie suggests and queue up for a pie and a beer.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
I'd like to see more mascot fights ;D

[flash=400,400]https://www.youtube.com/v/nNvioKY2H58[/flash]

Reply #6
We used to have the Bluebirds - but maybe they appeared before the game? Memory is fading a bit.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
Yes Cookie remember them well, I think they were a before & halftime gig bit of a dance routine etc. rather them than some petty music thing , at least they were directly connected to the club

Reply #8
Yes Cookie remember them well, I think they were a before & halftime gig bit of a dance routine etc. rather them than some petty music thing , at least they were directly connected to the club

My lasting memory of the Bluebirds is Crackers Keenan attempting to demean their chaste, nubile appearance with his grotesque, obviously sexually inadequate antics.  I reckon one of our blokes should have dropped him.

Red Symons married one of the Bluebirds (and I'm sorry that I don't know her name) and they used to bring their kids to our basketball stadium. 

Reply #9
My lasting memory of the Bluebirds is Crackers Keenan attempting to demean their chaste, nubile appearance with his grotesque, obviously sexually inadequate antics.  I reckon one of our blokes should have dropped him.

Red Symons married one of the Bluebirds (and I'm sorry that I don't know her name) and they used to bring their kids to our basketball stadium.

I used to see Red and Elly Symons down at Balwyn High watching their kids play....Red didnt have much idea about basketball  but made me smile one day after a couple of Vikings mums and dads yelled out "go Vikings"at the top of their lungs and Red got up off his seat  and in his best dapper radio voice said " go all boys"..... :)