Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW trade/poaching period begins (Read 10964 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW trade/poaching period begins

Reply #45
I've heard Vescio might be moving into more of an on-ball role for the coming season!

Many were calling for it last season, but an injury interrupted pre-season will do that to you.

Wonder what kind of free agency types we will target.

Reply #46
Very disappointed to see Maddie Gay go to the Dees. She looked impressive this year in an unimpressive season. She seemed to read the play exceptionally well. Lucky Dees.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
Either do I, but i searched google images to remind me who she was and a lot of photos had 2 players attempting to take her down, so the 'wrecking ball' description seems apt.

I think we needed a bigger bodied, more aggressive mid in the lineup, so its a good get in that regard.

Apt description.
She'll give you guys good service as a hard at it mid, just don't expect brilliant skills.

Very much in the Loynes mould, maybe a little quicker.

Sad to see her go from the Pies.

Reply #48
We need Steph in the midfield, and back here on the forum! ;)

Once you have navy blue in your veins, it never fades to black and white!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
OK, so we finally got an updated list of Carlton players who have resigned, albeit a day after everyone else.

CARLTON
Players:
Shae Audley, Amelia Barden, Lauren Brazzale, Brianna Davey, Alison Downie, Georgia Gee, Kerryn Harrington, Tayla Harris, Reni Hicks, Jess Hosking, Sarah Hosking, Bridie Kennedy, Sophie Li, Katie Loynes, Tilly Lucas-Rodd, Breann Moody, Natalie Plane, Gabriella Pound, Nicola Stevens, Darcy Vescio, Courtney Webb.
Delisted: Laura Attard, Madeline Keryk, Sarah Last, Kate Shierlaw, Tiahna Cochrane (rookie), Katie-Jayne Grieve (rookie).
Coach: Daniel Harford

Players we've lost to other clubs....
Maddie Gay (Melbourne)
Lauren Arnell (Brisbane)
Kate Gillespie-Jones (North Melbourne)
Danielle Hardiman (North Melbourne)

Disappointed we delisted KJG, thought she showed much needed hardness (perhaps too much with an elbow once) but its a good list we've got left.
Only question marks i have would be over Kennedy, Plane and Webb as i'd like to see some more improvement in them.

Reply #51
Players from other clubs who have been delisted who we can pick up via free agency (i believe) in the next 2 days....

Adelaide: Sophie Armistead, Georgie Bevan, Abbey Holmes, Rachael Killian, Calista Boyd (rookie), Beechara Palmer (rookie), Brianna Walling (rookie).
Brisbane: Ruby Blair, Renee Cowan, Kalinda Howarth, Jessy Keeffe, Molly Ritson (rookie).
Collingwood: Caitlyn Edwards, Meg Hutchins, Tara Morgan, Lauren Tesoriero, Bree White.
Fremantle: Stacey Barr, Kirby Bentley, Lara Filocamo, Tiah Haynes, Amy Lavell, Emily McGuire, Belinda Smith, Jodie White, Jade De Melo (rookie), Beatrice Devlyn (rookie), Lisa Webb (rookie).
GWS: Melissa Freckleton, Rebecca Privitelli, Alex Saundry, Philippa Smyth, Renee Tomkins, Haneen Zreika (rookie).
Melbourne: Laura Duryea, Alyssa Mifsud, Maddie Shevlin (rookie).
Western Bulldogs: Jessica Anderson, Laura Bailey, Kimberley Ebb, Rachel Ashley.

Abbey Holmes the former Legends match 'star' and has done some commentating got the flick.
Also former Carlton girl Rebecca Privitelli got the flick from GWS, 2nd club in 2 years.