Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 9: Pre game Anticipation: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 13542 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 9: Pre game Anticipation: Carlton vs Melbourne

Melbourne are looking better this year, but they are also looking quite inconsistent. Unfortunately they do not have as many injuries as we do. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 9: Pre game Anticipation: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #1
The way Melbourne won yesterday does not fill me with comfort: they were pretty good.
If we had something like a full list to select from I would go into the game with a lot of confidence. However, with the injuries we have, it will be difficult.
Gawn is one of the best rucks in the game who usually beats Kreuzer. It will be interesting to see if Phillips returns.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Look out Melbourne.

Reply #3
Back to Back...!!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #4
If Ed is given a rest, I'd be tempted to bring in Cam Polson and give him a run with role. He's been a tackling machine in the 2s and has endurance.

Reply #5
If Ed is given a rest, I'd be tempted to bring in Cam Polson and give him a run with role. He's been a tackling machine in the 2s and has endurance.

Fair call, might get a education playing on Viney who is due back for the Dees...I'd expect Bugg to come in as well and play on Simpson in a Lamb like role....

Reply #6
Both Curnows got off with a $1000 fine.

Free to play against the Dees.

Betcha they are worried now.

Reply #7
We'll smash em I reckon.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Murphy and Marchbank ins?

What is the latest with Marchbank? I gather he didn't play 2s last weekend?

Kennedy? Foot/ankle must be ok if he can rack up 30 possessions?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
According to todays club injury propaganda Marchbank has some bone bruising on his ankle and won't play this week but should be back the following week. Murphy and Williamson both a chance to play this week, will have tests later in the week

Reply #10
According to todays club injury propaganda Marchbank has some bone bruising on his ankle and won't play this week but should be back the following week. Murphy and Williamson both a chance to play this week, will have tests later in the week
Willo straight in? Surely he will come back through the 2s? If he comes straight in, that says a hell of a lot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11
Willo straight in? Surely he will come back through the 2s? If he comes straight in, that says a hell of a lot.

Prefer if they all come back via the twos...season is over for us, we dont need half fit players rushed back...Marchbank looked unfit when he last played coming back from injury and Kennedy has been banged up all season....get them fit and firing in the NB's first IMO..
Love to see Williamson in but after a bad back I'd be easing him into the team slowly....

Reply #12
Prefer if they all come back via the twos...season is over for us, we dont need half fit players rushed back...Marchbank looked unfit when he last played coming back from injury and Kennedy has been
banged up all season....get them fit and firing in the NB's first IMO..
Love to see Williamson in but after a bad back I'd be easing him into the team slowly....
I watched the injury update, Macca says he will play VFL if he passes the tests.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #13
The way Melbourne won yesterday does not fill me with comfort: they were pretty good.
If we had something like a full list to select from I would go into the game with a lot of confidence. However, with the injuries we have, it will be difficult.
Gawn is one of the best rucks in the game who usually beats Kreuzer. It will be interesting to see if Phillips returns.

We can't lose sight of the fact that 'our win' was against an ordinary side in poor form. The Snow Chalets are a good side in very good form. Realistically, they won't let us get away with some of the things we did against cheats.com.au ...gulp...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
Do we get extra time to select a team given that the AFL have ginned us around today?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?