Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 32149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2017 Rnd 1: Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #180
Won't get within 10 goals.......just a horrible, horrible lineup.......will be the first of the weekly beltings we'll routinely be on the end of this year.....
Got out of the wrong side of the bed Brettie? Or using reverse psychology?  ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #181
It is interesting to read where Carlton and Richmond were and think they are going.

Richmond finished with 8 wins and a percentage of 79.5 coming in at an unfamiliar 13th

Carlton finished with 7 wins and a percentage of 79.3 finishing 14th.

We will send out 3 (Macreadie possibly) first games and another 3 with less than 10 games experience. They have a first gamer in Butler but really a seasoned and experienced team with a few new faces, Prestia being the best. Nankervis who is being talked up, will be shown how to play first ruck by Kruezer.

We don't have an identity yet, whereas Richmond is trying to change theirs. Carlton have the chance to ruin their season in the first game by applying pressure, something that was lacking in the JLT series. If we stop the "Tiger running game" they will go back into their shells and kick backwards sideways and miss targets.

If we can get our run and link up play going, as well as first use by Cripps then we may have Hardwickes neck on a swivel.
I heard Hardwick say on radio the other day that they will be trying a different game style, something people wont expect. I suspect it will be run and gun at all costs. Lets hope they stuff it up.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #182
Macreadie to play tonight. Hopefully it's bloke like White or Thomas that is withdrawn.

Reply #183
David Cuningham is stiff not to play. He's shown more than Thomas, White, Armfield, Lamb, Palmer and Kerridge IMHO. He's the future, and can handle himself. I'd have for certain played him.

Reply #184
David Cuningham is stiff not to play. He's shown more than Thomas, White, Armfield, Lamb, Palmer and Kerridge IMHO. He's the future, and can handle himself. I'd have for certain played him.

More than a few supporters have no time for Cuningham but I think he has considerable potential.  The only reservation I have about him is that he tends to drift out of games.  If he can address that and be more consistent, I'm sure that he'll be a regular in the 22.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #185
Got out of the wrong side of the bed Brettie? Or using reverse psychology?  ;)

Thomas, Rowe, Casboult.....*gulp*

Our JLT form does mean something.......ranked 18th for points for & against.......absolute horror show.

On the bright side, it's a lovely day!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #186
Problem is Brettie is that there isn't anybody else.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #187
yet Brettie, we almost beat them Rd 1 last year and we're a better outfit this year (assuming a decent level of intensity is applied).
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #188
A round 1 team including these youngsters is a good start:

Cripps
Docherty
Weitering
Plowman
J.Silvagni
C.Curnow
Marchbank
Pickett
Petrevski-Seton
Macreadie

10 of our brightest young stars on our 2017 list.

Waiting in the wings - McKay, Cuningham, Jaksch, Fisher, Kerr, Polson, Williamson, Lebois. All bar Kym Lebois are playing the VFL scratch match this arvo/night. Good to see Sheehan named among others.

Reply #189
Overlaid with experienced guys like:

Cripps
Murphy
Gibbs
Kreuzer
Wright
Simmo
Rowe
Army
Smedts
Daisy (just)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #190
Thomas, Rowe, Casboult.....*gulp*

Our JLT form does mean something.......ranked 18th for points for & against.......absolute horror show.

On the bright side, it's a lovely day!!!

Dont disagree our JLT form was woeful and we lack scoring power but this is Richmond we are playing and they are an average unit IMO, contain about three or four of their best players and
we are a big chance...
Not saying we are going to win but I expect way better than the JLT series...

Reply #191
LAMB out... Mcreadie In. Good luck to the Kid. Pick 47 or whatever to round 1!

Weitering to play forward.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #192
LAMB out... Mcreadie In. Good luck to the Kid. Pick 47 or whatever to round 1!

Weitering to play forward.

Macreadie was very highly rated by GWS as a 16yo and was touted as a top 5 pick then they moved him to NSW and I gather it (the move) didn't work for him and affected his form...thus his slide down the draft.

I doubt that Carlton might have had any influence in that loss of form  :o ???
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #193
Very windy at the G. Not great for our skills!!!