Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 VFL Practice match Carlton vs Richmond (Read 11131 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 VFL Practice match Carlton vs Richmond

I expect a reasonable crowd at this one. I will try to get near the bench again so I can hear what goes on.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 VFL Practice match Carlton vs Richmond

Reply #1
I expect a reasonable crowd at this one. I will try to get near the bench again so I can hear what goes on.

I'll look out for you!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
I should be there if things go to plan  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
I'll look out for you!
No worries. I'll be in a Blue suit: I'm coming straight from work.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
I wouldn't expect anything less from a Blues Brother.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
Big Harry is putting on a show.  Bad luck the winds playing havoc with some of his kicks for goal.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Caught up with Baggers, Amers and RiverRat; what a crew  8)

No sign of Crash in his blue suit.

Reply #7
Tiggers win by 22 pts, pretty good considering we gave them a 6 goal start! Awful first qtr. Our blokes had a real problem kicking for goal at the southern end due to the wind.

Worried: Gus Sheehan, who was playing well, didn't reappear after half time.

Graham was probably our best. Palmer did his job.

Good news: Harry McKay, finally saw him in full flight. Actually took ahold of the game in the 3rd qtr. Covered a lot of ground taking marks on the wing as well as up forward. Looked really good.

Encouraging: Silvagni, Polson, Kerr, Fisher,

Jaksch was okay when he could run straight at the aggot. Jones took some very good grabs, more stuff for his highlights reel.

Concerned: Cuningham. He did some really impressive, creative things including the steal of the century which resulted in a goal. Great disposal. But then he lets himself down with a lack of intensity, poor defensive skills and has the questionable gift of going missing whilst on the field!

JGM, very average.

Buckley, so so.

Korcheck, the big fella laid some really impressive tackles... but dropped some easy marks...

Sumner, ordinary.

Reply #8
Great report Baggers. Thank you.
Hope Gussy is OK.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Concerned: Cuningham. He did some really impressive, creative things including the steal of the century which resulted in a goal. Great disposal. But then he lets himself down with a lack of intensity, poor defensive skills and has the questionable gift of going missing whilst on the field!

....and thats why Daisy was picked instead of him tonight.

Effort and defensive pressure gets you games. He needs to lift in this area.

Reply #10
and Daisy's effort and intensity is senior standard?  Really?

Reply #11
and Daisy's effort and intensity is senior standard?  Really?

Its streets ahead of some of the blokes playing VFL.

See Cuningham, Boekhorst, Jaksch, Jones, Sumner, Graham...

Reply #12
Graham was hard at it today, don't worry about that. If only he could bring his VFL form to AFL level. In fact there might be a senior player or two, based on tonight's effort, who could be replaced by Graham and even Palmer! I also don't think you could question the effort from Jones and Jaksch today.

Reply #13
Rubbish.  Coughed up multiple goals with handling errors, kicked atrociously around the ground, applied zero tackling pressure and so slow he couldn't run out of sight on a dark night.  He might try harder than some of the kids in the VFL but what he does is utterly ineffective thus it is a complete and utter waste of time continuing to play him at senior level.

Reply #14
Rubbish.  Coughed up multiple goals with handling errors, kicked atrociously around the ground, applied zero tackling pressure and so slow he couldn't run out of sight on a dark night.  He might try harder than some of the kids in the VFL but what he does is utterly ineffective thus it is a complete and utter waste of time continuing to play him at senior level.

When people handball it to you the ground you are going to have handling issues. Murphy cost us that goal, not Daisy.

Daisy had 5 I50's, a goal and a goal assist. Was far from the worst bloke out there.

Rewatch the last few minutes of the game. Tigers running the ball on the near side wing, tight to the boundary. I forget who it was but there was some carlton bloke jogging along behind him and the ball. Daisy comes flying past him to put the pressure on. Doesn't get a stat, but gives effort 100% of the time.
That's why he is in the side. To show the kids effort is unconditional.

Nobody is saying he is still a gun footballer. He is paid more than he should be, but that is not Daisys fault. Judge him on what he does on the ground, not his paycheque.

@Baggers...
VFL form doesn't translate to AFL form.
I'm talking effort at AFL level. All those players i've mentioned have put in terrible efforts at AFL level in terms of body language and effort.