Skip to main content
Topic: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ?? (Read 17672 times) previous topic - next topic

Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ??

I'm going to start it and say it.

Mark Murphy tried it but it just wasn't for him, not everybody is a leader. Some can and some can't.
The title has effected the way he plays and the way he is treated.
Kade Simpson plays like it is his last game and leaves everything out there and has a voice the others listen to.
Unfortunately Murph, you need to hand over the Captaincy for the betterment of the team.
This may have never happened before but Carlton is good at breaking records, MM just went 0-4 for the first time. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Re: Simmo for CAPTAIN

Reply #1

Mark Murphy tried it but it just wasn't for him, not everybody is a leader. Some can and some can't.
Kade Simpson plays like it is his last game and leaves everything out there and has a voice the others listen to.
Unfortunately Murph, you need to hand over the Captaincy for the betterment of the team.
This may have never happened before but Carlton is good at breaking records, MM just went 0-4 for the first time. ;)

x2

Reply #2
Henderson for me.
but wouldn't say no to simmo

Reply #3

x2

x3

Reply #4

x2

x3

x4
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #5
The only way we'll get a new captain is with a new coach.

It would be nice if we had a standout kid who would be an obvious choice.

Reply #6
Hate to say it but I called all of this shight from day one.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Hate to say it but I called all of this shight from day one.

You did, you were right.

You are wrong about Hendo though..............................for now. ;)

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #8
I am afraid that Murphy must go as captain. It has seriously affected his form. He needs less pressure at the moment, not more.

Simmo or Carrots would be decent choices. I would not give the job to Hendo or Waite.
Live Long and Prosper!

Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ??

Reply #9
I've been reading up the various commentary across the footy forums and Marc Murphy has come under a stack of heat for his lack of leadership in his role as captain.

Some people believe he is the right man for the job whilst many others are of the opinion he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

The thing is, there is obviously something wrong with his captaincy right now and the team is completely bereft of decent leaders.

Therefore, I'm posing to everyone here, should the club make the bold move and change captains mid-season ??

If so, who should be made captain & for what length of time ??

Also, how would you envisage it being played out inside the club as well as back out to the media ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Do We Honestly Need A Change Of Captain Right Now ??

Reply #10
I would wait until the end of the season. It doesn't help us at the moment to rip the Captaincy away from the lad. By the end of the year he will probably want to give it up.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
the club doesn't have culture
rebuilding it doesn't or in this case wont come from one act.
The decision maker that anointed murphy as captain, needs to go first

Reply #12
I would wait until the end of the season. It doesn't help us at the moment to rip the Captaincy away from the lad. By the end of the year he will probably want to give it up.

May as well completely stuff him.

Reply #13
Although I agree that Murph is not a natural leader it would be really destabilising to him and the joint should he have it taken from him at this stage.

Problem is there is such a void of leadership at our club at present... and on-field blokes who can take a game by the throat, which top sides have.

Parko pointed out a couple of weeks ago that when he looks at our list he does not see one bloke who can take control of a game. Juddy could, but not any more (though he lifted the whole side in our winning final last year). He commented that top sides have at least 3 or 4 of these blokes who can take on a game.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14
Let him Captain the NB's ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come