Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46210 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Sunday 29th June. 7:10pm @ MCG

Obviously no-one wants to talk about it. :'(

I've got some tickets to the game, and i'll go to it in blind hope that we can pull something off.

However, i'm considering wearing black and white.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #1
It took Fremantle a very long time to beat WC. It will take us a very long time to beat Collingwood.

Reply #2
I feel like we are just treading water with regards to the personnel we are putting out there.

Hopefully Murphy is straight back in fit and ready to roll. I read Cachia and Graham might have been injured in the 2's so I hope they are not too bad. I'd honestly be giving them a go.

I'd be dropping Warnock for poor efforts and replacing him with Wood.

Walker to the forward line and lets break the shackles.

Get Henderson in the game and put him to CHB with Rowe and White down there also. Send Jamison forward with Casboult and Waite.

Keep Robinson the guts as a mid predominately. If he can play like he did against GWS v the Pies then I'd love his heart and hardness in there.

Johnson in for his debut.

Who out though?

We need to freshen up!

Reply #3
Every chance we'll win or put up a good show.
That will make us feel a bit better ......But I think folk are just about over the roller-coaster.

I'd like to see us do something a bit dramatic (just to keep the interest up).
Play some players in different positions
Bring in some young blokes.

The rest of this season is all about who we keep.

Reply #4
Its their home game so there ll still be a decent crowd of  about 60-65 000.
ITs all a bit confusing.
If we bring the effort of the Cats / Hawks game, we re a shot.
If we play the pathetic way we played yesterday, we ll embarrass ourselves again.

Reply #5

Nothing was going to be surer than an aggressive brute like Mumford was going to make Warnock cower in fear and have zero impact. He'll be better this week and what option do we have? Levi the entire game?

Walker to the twos. Awful stuff lately from 1AW.

Reply #6
I feel like we are just treading water with regards to the personnel we are putting out there.

Hopefully Murphy is straight back in fit and ready to roll. I read Cachia and Graham might have been injured in the 2's so I hope they are not too bad. I'd honestly be giving them a go.

Get Henderson in the game and put him to CHB with Rowe and White down there also. Send Jamison forward with Casboult and Waite.

Keep Robinson the guts as a mid predominately. If he can play like he did against GWS v the Pies then I'd love his heart and hardness in there.

Johnson in for his debut.

Who out though?

We need to freshen up!

All very good points. Don't totally agree with Jamo forward, but, what have we got to lose ey?

Depending on what White has done, injury wise, he very well may be out.

I only listened to the game yesterday, but Simmo seemed to have a shocker. Injured? Is his beard back with a vengeance?  ::)
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #7
100% Pratty.  Wood for Warnock. 

Armfield has been very average and must be under pressure, plus a couple of injuries.  White must be suss as well.

A few blokes need to be dropped or played elsewhere.  Midfield needs a shake up as well.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
100% Pratty.  Wood for Warnock. 

Is Wood even eligible?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #9
Nick Duigan was placed on the LTI list, wasn't he?  If we haven't promoted anyone to take his place yet, we can promote Wood now.  Heath Scotland also retired citing knee issues, so perhaps he might have been placed on the LTI list as well.  There was also some suggestion an additional rookie can be upgraded mid-season by clubs which have room in their salary caps. 

Reply #10
Have no enthusiasm for this game - probably won't go - may watch on TV to see how we start off.  :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
It doesn't really matter which team we pick, if Murphy plays and we turn up ready for a fight we're a good chance.
If we turn up with yesterday's attitude we'll get pumped.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #13
Does anyone really care anymore??