Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping) (Read 27692 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping)

Horrible game but a handy smacking of the Saints.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 16 : Blues Slaughter Saints (Rejoicing & Backslapping)

Reply #1
85 points is a nice win, but I'm not loosing sight that from this point on a win is a loss.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #2
Good to see Hendo, White and The Bolt all kicking bags! Good confidence booster for the boys. Well done baggers
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #3
Nice negating game by Curnow
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #4
Why did they put Menzel back on the ground when we were ten goals up?

Menzel may miss weeks now, they are saying subluxated shoulder!

Good to see White make some impact, shows that as a 2nd or 3rd option he has forward potential. Lots have been saying that on here for some time, why can't coaches see it?

Curnow BOG, really stopped everyone and anyone based on the radio commentary???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Johnson again showed that he has something to offer, gotta keep playing the kid, its the only way he will improve.

If Carrazzo has a serious injury, then it is time for Graham to be a given a full match. 

Reply #6
Johnson again showed that he has something to offer, gotta keep playing the kid, its the only way he will improve.

If Carrazzo has a serious injury, then it is time for Graham to be a given a full match.

I reckon he'll bring in Cachia.

More a defensive mid.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #7

More a defensive mid.

Just in case you weren't aware Cimm, we aren't playing for wins any more, we are playing for a better draft position.

Reply #8

More a defensive mid.

Just in case you weren't aware Cimm, we aren't playing for wins any more, we are playing for a better draft position.

Maybe.

I'd prefer to see Graham and Cachia in for McLean and Carrots.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #9

More a defensive mid.

Nah, that's just me wishing that was the case. I've no doubt the club will be playing for wins

― Mark Twain

Reply #10
Cachia should have been played well before now. His skills and decision making under pressure have been good since his second coming.

― Mark Twain

Reply #11
Cachia should have been played well before now. His skills and decision making under pressure have been good since his second coming.

Until his last couple of games Cachia has struggled this season at NBs, and I don't think we lack his type. If Carrazzo is out he may get a run, but Bell has just returned and the Irish guys might also be close to getting a 1s game as taggers. Cripps returns soon too, so I think this leaves Cachia in a tough place. If Armfield returns to form his extra pace makes it tough for Cachia to get ahead of him!

Plus we haven't seen much of this yet at Carlton, but Everitt can do a midfield role as well.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #12

Until the last couple of games he has struggled this season at NBs, and I don't think we lack his type. I Carrazzo is out he may get a run, but Bell has just returned and the Irish guys might also be close to getting a 1s game as taggers. Cripps returns soon too, so I think this leaves Cachia in a tough place.

Wonder whether his struggles in 2nds has been due to not getting a fair go in seniors. I haven't quite understood his absence. His improvement last year was noticeable, further improvement was always going to depend on further senior game time. 

― Mark Twain

Reply #13

Until his last couple of games Cachia has struggled this season at NBs, and I don't think we lack his type. If Carrazzo is out he may get a run, but Bell has just returned and the Irish guys might also be close to getting a 1s game as taggers. Cripps returns soon too, so I think this leaves Cachia in a tough place. If Armfield returns to form his extra pace makes it tough for Cachia to get ahead of him!

Plus we haven't seen much of this yet at Carlton, but Everitt can do a midfield role as well.

I thought Cachia had been playing well in th seconds and had his first game back after injury this week

Reply #14
It's nice to see what we are capable of when we actually have a good crack at it, all be it against sub par opponents.

Also nice that our biggest win is bigger than our greatest loss. I didn't think I would be saying that after the Bummers game earlier in the year!

A pretty even contribution I thought, well done to all.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!