Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again (Read 37264 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again

We grab defeat from the Jaws of Victory. So be it. We deserved to win.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 19: Carlton vs Freo: Post Match Pain Again

Reply #1
1 minute to hold our crap together - 1 screwing minute!!!

Bloody heart breakers

Reply #2
We are so close. Two or three acts with thought and competence and we win. Docherty and Wood will wear the stigma, but they were not alone.

What a brave effort.

I really thought Malthouse had a good night. He totally outcoached Lyon strategically.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Fk me that is heartbreaking.

Some costly errors in the last quarter from Thomas, Casboult, Docherty and finally Cameron Wood. I reckon if Juddy doesn't get that injury we win the game.

I know he's old now and it's almost over but Andrew Carrazzo how he got that ball going forward for us in those dying seconds, he was huge in pretty much every stoppage that counted in those last few minutes.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
I don't think we deserved to win. We didn't earn it. They played with 2 men down from half time, was a very fair effort by them. But, I think we were a much classier outfit tonight then we have seen. Disappointed with the result, but not crushed as I have been before.

Chris Judd- 3 votes
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #5
Really Judd, Gibbs and Murphy kept us in it, the younger players burnt the old blokes tonight. Only Graham was value.

McLean should never be sub, feck me how our MC keep making this amateur blunder.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
"Highway robbery", as the commentators said.

I wanna know 3 things:

1. Who started the thread on Casboult's hands being the best in the business?

2. How could Tuohy possibly look Judd in the eye ever again. I can forgive Woods' error but not Tuohy's 50m penalty.

3. Why put Bell on Fyfe in the last?  Masterstroke, Mick. Masterstroke.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #7
fremantle will be just that - mantle free this year

Reply #8
Really Judd, Gibbs and Murphy kept us in it, the younger players burnt the old blokes tonight. Only Graham was value.

My man Nicky Graham a few classy touches throughout the night the kid can play and puts his head over it. Wish he had have nailed that snap in the last.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
Groundhog Day....oh and Judd still carries our side. 

Reply #10
Mitch Robinson in this side tonight would have made it interesting

Reply #11
"Highway robbery", as the commentators said.

I wanna know 3 things:

1. Who started the thread on Casboult's hands being the best in the business?

2. How could Tuohy possibly look Judd in the eye ever again. I can forgive Woods' error but not Tuohy's 50m penalty.

3. Why put Bell on Fyfe in the last?  Masterstroke, Mick. Masterstroke.

Can't answer 1 and 2 but as for 3' that was a desperate move as Fyfe was easily breaking the tackles of any other opponent we tried. MM obviously thought Big Tommy was worth trying to stop him. Gee he's a strong boy is Fyfe as well as being highly skilled. Would just love to get someone like him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
When Yarran saved what was essentially a certain goal in the dying moments, I thought we were going to scrape home.

We didn't take some of our chances tonight, we dropped too many marks and we missed some goals that were better than 50% gettable. Only needed to convert one more of them and it was a draw so it really hammers home how important each and every play can be in a match, sometimes it is a game of inches.

And those umpires can go suck a lemon too, those 50m penalties (both ways) were a blight on the game.

Thomas had 29 disposals which was pleasant change, Casboult was a non-event and Bell didn't add to his half-time disposal count.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #13
We grab defeat from the Jaws of Victory. So be it. We deserved to win.

No

This game is representative of our club since the judd era at carlton

Judd aside, our list is simply not good enough

When the heat was on we choked......

Reply #14
We are where we are because of skill errors.

Also...WHY THE FRIGG ARE THE UMPIRES SO AGAINST US.

ALWAYS THE 50/50 BALL GOAS AGAINST US, AN UTTER LOAD OF CRAP.

I even had my Richmond mate, who absolutely hates the Blues asking why are the umps so bias towards Freo. UTTER BULLDUST.

IF THE UMPS BLEW THEIR WHISTLE AND PAID LEGIT FREES.... >:(

How many more times are we going to be robbed?
2024... Moir of the same to come