Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs Collingwood (Read 13831 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

VFL Round 4: Match of the Day? Well, may not, but it is important anyway. Why? The Blues take on Collingwood at Preston City Oval at 1400 hours.
 The development team play against Coburg at Preston at 1100 hours as the curtain raiser.

Now Collingwood seniors have been struggling, but the Drug Cheats VFL team pounded them by close to 15 goals o the weekend. So, unlike last year when they embarrassed us, we have a quite reasonable chance.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Rd 4: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

Reply #1
Walker, Boekhorst and maybe Sheehan  are possible 'ins' for this week. Also there is a good chance that 2 of the 3 Carlton emergencies will play this week. The side should be a little stronger.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Walker, Boekhorst and maybe Sheehan  are possible 'ins' for this week. Also there is a good chance that 2 of the 3 Carlton emergencies will play this week. The side should be a little stronger.

Doh, all three ruled out for another week!

Buckley out "Injured", slightly strained calf or heavily bruised ego?

The Force Awakens!

Reply #3

His ego is fine.

He was pretty good without being outstanding on Sunday.

A lot of unrewarded running. Made one eff up when he didn't get the ball to Thomas. Pretty good otherwise.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #4
His ego is fine.

He was pretty good without being outstanding on Sunday.

A lot of unrewarded running. Made one eff up when he didn't get the ball to Thomas. Pretty good otherwise.

If it was his first I'd forgive him but this season he has been a serial offender.

Was Casboult's dis sending Buckley a message?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
If it was his first I'd forgive him but this season he has been a serial offender.

Was Casboult's dis sending Buckley a message?

I wouldn't have thought so.

It was an excellent mark, he thought briefly about dishing but he also had his back to the goals at the best time to give it off.

I think he decided as soon as it hit his hands he was going to kick it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6

%#*!.....is Sheehan ever going to get on the park !
Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #7

%#*!.....is Sheehan ever going to get on the park !

Well we hope so, he's been a week or two away for a week or two now. But I suppose this sorts of OP/Hip type problems have to be treated very conservatively as they recur frequently.

I think he'll get back on the park, the question is will his run and kicking have been greatly affected by the surgeries. Another Daisy, but without the credits in the bank, maybe? He's too good of a footballer to discard, if the Pies can put up with a Yank for three years we can carry Sheehan a bit longer, at times/moments his attack on the ball and contest have made him look Voss like.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Is it on TV?

Reply #10
Seems Ch 7 only do Sunday VFL games
Not quite. They do have considerable leeway over when the games they televise can be played, but it is a matter of how its fits in with their AFL coverage. If there is a pattern, I have yet to see it. I have no idea when, or IF, we get on TV. Collingwood, Essendon, Port Melbourne and Williamstown appear to be their favourites. (Why anyone would want to televise a gave at North Port Oval, let alone play finals there, is a mystery to me. The place is not impressive and the surface turns to mud with the slightest rain.)
This year Channel 7 has gone for Sundays, to fit in with their Sunday afternoon coverage, for what it I worth. 
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Northern Blues vs Collingwood
Saturday 30th April, 2016
Preston City Oval at 2.00pm

Northern Blues
B: 26. M Dick 34. J Glass-McCasker 27. M Jamison
HB: 4. S Russell 11. K McGuinness 43. S White
C: 76. J Tutt 49. D Armfield 65. D Viojo
HF: 51. E Curnow 20. A Everitt 56. A Gallucci
F: 67. C Smith 48. K Jaksch 36. C Wood
R: 15. A Phillips 32. N Graham [/color] 1. T Wilson
Int: 37. T Jones 8. B Bransgrove 25. A Brown 22. D Aujla 12. Z Ballard 23. H Kerbatieh 29. B Casley 10. T Totevski 18. D Gorringe 80. M Korcheck 31. J Foster 6. G Strachan

23P: 24. T Roos

Collingwood

B: 28. B Sinclair 17. J Marsh 21. T Phillips
HB: 34. A Toovey 47. D Wyatt 41. T Golds
C: 39. B Crocker 35. B Sier 37. B Maynard
HF: 29. T Broomhead 33. R Wills 9. J White
F: 27. M Goodyear 32. T Cloke 11. J Blair
R: 65. L Howe 14. J Aish 3. B MacAffer
Int: 74. J Viola 61. N Gray 60. J Kelly 67. M Smith 66. D Hinkley 71. A Rambaldi 69. J Blair 53. J Hellier 72. W Knight 57. A Close 58. B Moloney 54. J Collopy

23P: 70. M Hore

Collingwood 2nds got flogged last week by the Drug Cheats. But their named team doesn't look that bad to me. Eve though they will have to make a few changes. Hopefully the Baby Blues can come out and show them we have talent! :)

No Cunningham again. That doesn't look like a rest. I have no idea what is up there.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
No SOS, Cuningham or Gowers.

Wish they'd keep us updated.

Reply #13
Northern Blues vs Coburg Lions              
Saturday 30th April, 2016
Preston City Oval at 11.00am

Northern Blues

B: 78. M Walson 50. B Jordan 54. C McCabe
HB: 6. G Strachan 35. K Declase 22. D Aujla
C: 21. C Barrett 37. T Jones 5. J Cyster
HF: 41. J Cripps 29. B Casley 23. H Kerbatieh
F: 80. M Korcheck 18. D Gorringe 9. J Corboy
R: 73. A Aurrichio 12. Z Ballard 25. A Brown
Int: 30. S Bolger 74. B Malual 70. S Peet 61. L McVeigh 53. H Payne 77. L Hickey 75. C Le Favi 13. C Adams 40. B Droessler 45. D Stevens 57. D O'Leary 71. J Caruana 64. L Jacques

Coburg Lions
B: 62. L Ryan 27. K Staples 13. M Stillman
HB: 20. N Robortella 38. J Clarke 37. K Posar
C: 49. T McConville 18. M Merlo 28. D McDonald
HF: 42. J Kalanj 17. D Hill 5. J Cauchi
F: 45. R Bamblett 43. T Sutherland 32. R Schraven
R: 6. M Orr 11. G McDonagh 15. J Iacobaccio
Int: 57. J Muscatello 30. J James 14. M Ercolano 54. C McRorie 50. C Urquhart 31. J Hickey 63. M King 46. R Free 36. J Hemala 44. J Madden 51. J Corigliano 52. M Conn 55. G Romios

From that it appears that both Korchek and Gorringe will NOT be playing this week for the NB 1's. How it goes otherwise, I have no guess.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #14
No SOS, Cuningham or Gowers.

Wish they'd keep us updated.
I hadn't noticed Silvagni missing: how could I miss that!??! No idea what that means, but I am feeling somewhat like a mushroom at this point.
Live Long and Prosper!