Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW- Round 1 Carlton V Collingwod-Match thread. (Read 20199 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW- Round 1 Carlton V Collingwod-Match thread.

Historic match tonight...

Fox Footy and Channel 7, (7mate in Sydney) from 7.30pm

We're just going to kick off with the one thread for pre-match, in-game and post match discussion.
If folks want to expand it in coming weeks and break it up as we do with the men's competition we can accommodate that.

Re: AFLW- Round 1 Carlton V Collingwod-Match thread.

Reply #1
pass

Reply #2
Lot's of interest here. 

Reply #3
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3
Carlton v Collingwood, Ikon Park, 7.45pm AEDT

CARLTON
B: L.Brazzale 12, D.Hardiman 31, S.Last 7
HB: S.Hosking 10, K.Gillespie-Jones 5, D.Vescio 3
C: N.Plane 32
HF: L.Attard 14, I.Ayre 22, L.Arnell 13
F: S.Audley 26, B.Davey 1, K.Loynes 2
FOLL: B.Moody 16, A.Downie 30, M.Keryk 4
INT: N.Exon 15, T.Lucas-Rodd 18, J.Kennedy 23, A.Brown 27, B.Jakobsson 35, G.Pound 6
Emergencies: K.Darby 8, K.Shierlaw 25

COLLINGWOOD
B: C.Edwards 1, M.Hutchins 25, S.Livingstone, 12
HB: S.Chiocci 17, N.Stevens 21, C.McIntosh 20
C: L.Tesoriero 7
HF: A.Eva 2, J.Garner 43, S.D'Arcy 4
F: E.Grant 5, M.Hope 23, J.Cameron 27
FOLL: E.King 60, A.Barden 38, B.Bonnici 8
INT: B.White 33, T.Morgan 26, C.Bernardi 6, S.Casey 22, R.Schleicher 18, H.Roden 11
Emergencies: P.Cula-Reid 3, M.Kuys 9

Not looking forward to seeing Steph running around for the Pies, but.....

I'll be there. 1st ever games don't happen very often.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
I was hoping to go but it now seems that I will be watching the game on TV.  There's a few cold beers in the fridge :)

One thing that I will be interested to see is the impact of 16 players on the ground combined with what I suspect will be shorter kicking ...
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
I'll certainly be watching but it's hard to discuss as we have absolutely no idea of the players, their ability or that of any of the opposition. But, hey, guess we'll soon pick it up and learn.

Reply #8
I was hoping to go but it now seems that I will be watching the game on TV.  There's a few cold beers in the fridge :)

One thing that I will be interested to see is the impact of 16 players on the ground combined with what I suspect will be shorter kicking ...
IMO the 16 players was on show last year during the WB v Melb exhibition games. Way less congestion, stoppages and what I call "little league style mob chasing a ball".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
As a lover of the game, a supporter of the club, and a father of 2 daughters aged 9 & 11 I am actually really excited about watching this game. My girls [and son] are certainly excited and we will be watching the first bounce for sure. If I was in Melbourne I'd be there for sure.

I'm not sure what to expect, but it's a historic event for the code and the club and I reckon we should get behind it regardless. Anything that makes the game more appealing to broader families and gives greater opportunities for women to play and showcase their athletic ability should be supported wholeheartedly by every one.

Go the Blues...........

Reply #10
As a lover of the game, a supporter of the club, and a father of 2 daughters aged 9 & 11 I am actually really excited about watching this game. My girls [and son] are certainly excited and we will be watching the first bounce for sure. If I was in Melbourne I'd be there for sure.

I'm not sure what to expect, but it's a historic event for the code and the club and I reckon we should get behind it regardless. Anything that makes the game more appealing to broader families and gives greater opportunities for women to play and showcase their athletic ability should be supported wholeheartedly by every one.

Go the Blues...........
Here here
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11

Go the Blues...........

Well said!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #12
Been a rollercoaster week for me this week.

Lost a family member who was a lifelong blues member who made the front page of the Herald after we won the '79 GF.  :'(

Had my 2nd child today who is already a signed up blues member.  ;D

History in the making tonight.

Wish i could've been there, but i think its a fair excuse! ;)

Reply #13
Been a rollercoaster week for me this week.

Lost a family member who was a lifelong blues member who made the front page of the Herald after we won the '79 GF.  :'(

Had my 2nd child today who is already a signed up blues member.  ;D

History in the making tonight.

Wish i could've been there, but i think its a fair excuse! ;)

Sympathies to you and your family for your loss...congrats on your 2nd child....hope the Navy Blue ladies can get up for your new nipper and start him/her off with a win...

Reply #14
Sympathies to you and your family for your loss...congrats on your 2nd child....hope the Navy Blue ladies can get up for your new nipper and start him/her off with a win...

Sorry should've said it was a boy, my 2nd boy.

He's a baby 'rhino bear' if anyone was wondering.  ;)