Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW - R7 - Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 5440 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW - R7 - Carlton vs Brisbane

OK, so one round to go and it seems there is an ever so slight hope that we can still make the finals.

Courtesy of the Dees beating the crows yesterday.

We currently sit 4th @ 3-3.
Crows+Dees are 2nd+3rd @4-2

We need to beat the lions
and
we need the crows to lose against colingwood
we need the dees to lose against freo.

Then it will be a 3-way tie on 4-3, which will come down to %.

We are already ahead of Dees, so we just need to focus on the crows.
We basically need a 10 goal difference between us to make up the %.
They lose by 1 point, we win by 10 goals
they lose by 5 goals, we win by 5 goals.
They lose by 10 goals, we win by a point.
etc

So...if Adelaide win, they are in.
If Adelaide lose, and melbourne win, melbourne are in.
If Adelaide lose and melbourne lose and carlton win....and (Adelaides losing margin + Carltons winning margin) > 10 goals, Carlton are in.

Clear as mud?

IF we do get through, we would be forced to go back to back games against the team we just beat to make the finals, Brisbane Lions, except the final would be at their ground (i believe).

In any event, lets just win and finish with a winning record for the year.

Re: AFLW - R7 - Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
How about, I'm expecting a Bulldogs vs Melbourne grand final with Melbourne winning?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
How about, I'm expecting a Bulldogs vs Melbourne grand final with Melbourne winning?

Not sure exactly what you are getting at with this, but Brisbane are guaranteed finals.

Reply #3
I'll confess I wasn't paying attention to anyone else's matches and thought it was the usual contrived scenario with the pioneers of women's footy making the grand final and one of them winning.

Why?

Because it's an AFL competition.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
I'll confess I wasn't paying attention to anyone else's matches and thought it was the usual contrived scenario with the pioneers of women's footy making the grand final and one of them winning.

Why?

Because it's an AFL competition.

Thry, you're far too young to be so cynical.  Leave that to the older folk :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Carlton v Brisbane Lions, Ikon Park, 3.35pm AEDT
CARLTON
B: B.Davey, L.Attard, K.Loynes
HB: B.Jakobsson, B.Moody, T.Lucas-Rodd
C: L.Arnell
HF: S.Audley, L.Ayre, H.Trevean
F: J.Ivey, R.Privitelli, D.Vescio
Foll: A.Downie, S.Hosking, K.Gillespie-Jones
I/C: T.Nestor, K.Shierlaw, L.Brazzale, M.Keryk, G.Pound, A.Brown, J.Kennedy, K.Darby
Emergencies:
 In:
 Out:

BRISBANE LIONS
 B: S.Virgo, L.Kaslar, S.Campbell
HB: T.Randall, K.Lutkins, B.Koenen
C: M.Hunt
HF: K.Ashmore, S.Frederick-Traub, K.McCarthy
F: J.Membrey, T.Harris, J.Wuetschner
Foll: S.Webb, E.Bates, E.Zielke
I/C: N.Wallace, J.Stanton, N.Hildebrand, S.Goodman, B.Gibson, A.Anderson, D.Kimmince, C.Collins
Emergencies:
 In:
 Out:

I'm not going to get back to Melbourne in time to see this one - I'll e coming back from Hervey Bay. Hopefully the Blues can finish off the season the right way.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
With the dees winning today...it puts us out of the race for the grand final next week.  :'(

Reply #7
Thanks for summarising the state of AFLW Kruddler.

In any event, lets just win and finish with a winning record for the year.

Can't say I followed it all, but with this ∆∆∆ I concur.

Go Bluebirds
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
With the dees winning today...it puts us out of the race for the grand final next week.  :'(

While that's disappointing, we simply didn't play well enough to earn a spot in the grand final.  I reckon we will have learnt plenty (as will have the other clubs) and it should be a cracker competition next season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
Our best possible outcome now is 3rd and that is not likely.
Nichevo. Let's see if we can finish the season on a high.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
We come from well behind to get a draw. 37 all. So we finished 4th. Were the first side to take points of Brisbane though.

Reply #11
We come fron well behind to get a draw. 37 all. So we finished 4th. Were the first side to take points of Brisbane though.

Yes, a Brissy-Adelaide GF. Not a bad effort to get a draw. Best of luck to both teams, and good luck to our girls for next season. I enjoyed watching their inaugural season.

Reply #12
Terrific last quarter from the gals. At one stage it looked like how far BrisVegas.  :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
We scored more in the last 6 minutes of the match than we did in the previous 54!

Reply #14
Well I was hoping we'd finish with a strong performance. I wasn't expecting anything like this nail biting finish. It all unfolded in the final, what, 30 seconds. Unbelievable. Take note boys.
The girls composure at that critical time was memorable.
Could not finish on a stronger note than that :))

Congratulations to our girls and their support crew. Wonderful inaugural performance. I'm still pinching myself.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.