Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 21302 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Hard for me to comment on the Fremantle game as I didn't see any of it. However good or bad it was, we now to face North Melbourne at Etihad next Sunday evening and they appear to be finding some form.
Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and move forward.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 Rd 10: Pre Game Palaver: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #1
According to the latest information, Rowe has done an Anterior Cruciate. He could miss 4 week up to 10 weeks. That may give Jones an opportunity in defence.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Out Rowe and in Liam Jones to a key defensive post.

Reply #3
Jones in down back..... the Northern Blues forward line in up front ;D

Reply #4
Could be that with Rowe out we could see Jones swapping back/forward with Weitering and doing some rucking. Think I will go along even though I don't like Sunday evening footy.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
According to the latest information, Rowe has done an Anterior Cruciate. He could miss 4 week up to 10 weeks. That may give Jones an opportunity in defence.

Excuse my ignorance but isn't that an ACL?

How's that a 4-10 week injury?

Reply #6
Yes, it is an ACL. However, it was reported that Rowe would not need surgery, hence the small time period. If further scans suggest that there is more than a small tear, then he will need surgery and that becomes a season long injury.

The club has not made their knowledge clear, but a 4 - 10 week result would be the best possible outcome. We don't often get the 'best possible outcome'. But until it is clear as to whether he has torn the thing the whole way through, people will have their fingers crossed. I, on the other hand, would be getting ready to see Rowe again in 2018. :(
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Really worried about this game, norf full of Neanderthals that love beating us up.  Id be resting SOJ, weeters and impressing upon the crew to take zero crap from Higgans, Waite, Ziebell, Cunningham, Thompson et al.  Any jumper punches should get the Yaz response... Bang!

Ziebell "I'm just playing the ball when I smash a bloke high and late" needs to be dealt with, as all snipers should.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
please stop kicking the long ball into our fwd 50 ,jake carlisle played his best game for saints cause of this type of entry and we saw how many times freo marked our long kicks also ,Stop the long bomb into fwd line try something different this week .

Reply #9
please stop kicking the long ball into our fwd 50 ,jake carlisle played his best game for saints cause of this type of entry and we saw how many times freo marked our long kicks also ,Stop the long bomb into fwd line try something different this week .

Freo seemed to have numbers back and we fell into the trap of bombing the footy...need to move the ball quicker, they were on top in the middle which didnt help.
They rebounded the footy better than us, Simpson was quiet IMO and we lacked run from half back...

Reply #10
Really worried about this game, norf full of Neanderthals that love beating us up.  Id be resting SOJ, weeters and impressing upon the crew to take zero crap from Higgans, Waite, Ziebell, Cunningham, Thompson et al.  Any jumper punches should get the Yaz response... Bang!

Ziebell "I'm just playing the ball when I smash a bloke high and late" needs to be dealt with, as all snipers should.

North are not that good but they do have a different look with Waite back in the team..Ben Brown has been marking everything and with Rowe out I reckon he is the bloke we need to watch.
They are good up forward but less impressive on the ball and down back IMO....Goldstein usually does well against us but I think Kruezer is in decent form and be competitive....
I'd like to see two bigger players in this week...maybe Jones and Jaksch or Jones and Philips.......
Tarrant took a lot of uncontested marks last time we played North and I'd want some more competition in the air down forward other than just Casboult....

Reply #11
Freo seemed to have numbers back and we fell into the trap of bombing the footy...need to move the ball quicker, they were on top in the middle which didnt help.
They rebounded the footy better than us, Simpson was quiet IMO and we lacked run from half back...

I get the feeling EB that BB has implemented the short kicking game as another step in the journey.
Teach the boys how to kick accurately under pressure. Can't create that pressure at training.
It is a major change in the way our team plays so I feel it is an educational philosophy.
Just need to bring in McKay or Kerr for a lead up forward for the next phase of kick the ball accurately and fast coming out of defence and bring it in the forward line quickly to honour the leads.

At the moment we just need to hold our nerve when we have the ball looking at entering the F50.
Took a few years for Daniher to work out for the Scum >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #12
Norp could be MRP whacked and whacked severely!

If the MRP have any balls and take any notice of the media or AFL executive then Scott's whining will be for nought.

The knives are out condemning the Norp tactics, all Scott has succeeded in doing is putting them into focus.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Cunnington hurt his knee and although he came back he may not pull up this week. He is their major ball winner.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #14
North are not that good but they do have a different look with Waite back in the team..Ben Brown has been marking everything and with Rowe out I reckon he is the bloke we need to watch.
They are good up forward but less impressive on the ball and down back IMO....Goldstein usually does well against us but I think Kruezer is in decent form and be competitive....
I'd like to see two bigger players in this week...maybe Jones and Jaksch or Jones and Philips.......
Tarrant took a lot of uncontested marks last time we played North and I'd want some more competition in the air down forward other than just Casboult....

With Rowe out probably for the year we could use Jones in two ways. One as a back up ruckman, and move Weitering back, or as a key defender. Both roles he's been outstanding in in the VFL. Wouldn't mind Jaskch or McKay in as well to go forward with Casboult. That will give us better competition in the air. Phillips doesn't give us anything other win a few taps and take Kreuzer, who's having a ripping year, unnecessarily off the ball for much longer periods.