Skip to main content
Topic: Round 21 Green Shoot of the week  (Read 2571 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 21 Green Shoot of the week

Choose ONE ONLY Green Shoot you observed from the game.  Can be a player, passage of play and individual effort, any ONE Shoot that put a smile ???? on your face?

Fisher, to Boekhurst to Pickett.....goal!

Not our most high profile Green Shoots this year but maybe a glimpse into the future! (Also we seemed to used Fisher more as a link and run player this week.)

Re: Round 21 Green Shoot of the week

Reply #1
Pickett

....and Boeky.

Reply #2
Fisher's game was his best for us and Samo just keeps getting better.  However, for the second week in a row, my green shoot is "Wilson" Pickett.  His willingness to take the game on and his growing confidence makes me confident that he will be a very good player for us over many seasons.

His play of the day resulted in a behind to Silvagni - but it deserved a goal.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Pickett's balance between doing it yourself and passing it off. In both instances he was exciting and took the game on with an aire of confidence. He's got star quality all over him. Keep it up young fella.

Little ZacAttack's running goal under pressure from a Levi pass was a beauty too. R foot, easy as you like.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #4
I went Charlie Curnow.....the degree of difficulty that he had/has is now much higher...Jeremy McGovern is as good a CHB going around and Curnow matched it with him and took the points IMO...8 marks, 5 tackles, 19 possies....McGovern has 20 possies with 11 marks but thats because the numpties up the field wearing navy blue kept kicking it to him. When it was a decent even contest Charlie was very good and won his fair share.
Charlie Curnow>>>Burton and McGrath, he should win the rising star but wont because the experts dont rate us as a team and over rate the other two...

Reply #5
I went Charlie Curnow.....the degree of difficulty that he had/has is now much higher...Jeremy McGovern is as good a CHB going around and Curnow matched it with him and took the points IMO...8 marks, 5 tackles, 19 possies....McGovern has 20 possies with 11 marks but thats because the numpties up the field wearing navy blue kept kicking it to him. When it was a decent even contest Charlie was very good and won his fair share.
Charlie Curnow>>>Burton and McGrath, he should win the rising star but wont because the experts dont rate us as a team and over rate the other two...

Which should result in our blokes winning.

Much easier to be an also ran in a team eyeing off finals football.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #6
Effort.
The effort from the entire team against a top 8 side, playing interstate with a lot of young blokes at this stage of the season is my green shoot for the week.

It tells me that we have got what it takes, and with another season or two, plus some more good recruiting we are on the way to the top.
Long way to go yet but the signs are really there.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #7
Pickett.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Pickett.

Yep, looks like he's coming out of his shell. Beginning to believe he belongs..... and he's a bull when tackled.... next season i'd love to see him in the guts from time to time.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Yep, looks like he's coming out of his shell. Beginning to believe he belongs..... and he's a bull when tackled.... next season i'd love to see him in the guts from time to time.

Agree with Pickett, has come along nicely in the last couple of weeks. If he and Liam Jones  continue to develop, they are set to be 2 of the best bargains we ever got from trades.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #10
Boekhorst and Pickett.

Boekhorst was directing traffic when not directly involved in play.

Might be growing some of that leadership density after all...

Pickett for being an exciting prospect.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson