Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 21: Post Game Political Solution: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 5627 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 21: Post Game Political Solution: Carlton vs West Coast

Can we create a political solution to this conflict? I don't know. I just want us to win the conflict! :)
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 21: Post Game Political Solution: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #1
Another close loss. It looks like that is the way we play this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
7th time we've been in front/level in the last qtr and lost this year. Win most of them and you play finals.

Reply #3
Indeed. Considering our structural and injury issues, we have got so close to so many teams who consider themselves potential finalists. However, we seem to falter in the last quarter. Only a couple of time all year have we won final quarters and they were great wins. Too many times we get close and make mistakes or allow them to get some momentum. I hate it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
screw screw screw it

Yes yes all good but screw why can't one of these screwing games go out way?!

Don't they call HTB anymore unless it's against us to them in front of goal to kill our momentum?!

Liked what I saw in Pickett, Fish, Samo...

Reply #5

Just don't quite yet have the experience/firepower. Watch this space.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Charlie Curnow should win the NAB Rising Star easily this year, hang on he doesn't play for Melbourne! :(
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Just don't quite yet have the experience/firepower. Watch this space.

Inexperience and injury.
Add Cripps, Byrne, Ed, McKay and Cunningham, stir and marinade for 12 months and you've got a very tasty football team.
And then there's pick one or two!
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #8

Fabulous indeed, only 18mths into a rebuild. We're playing kids against men and still taking it up to them. Soooo much better than the embarrassing floggings and 'no show' performances of the previous era.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
Frigging umpires  why do they pay htb when there is no prior.?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #10
I am honestly completely okay with the result, of course I prefer to win and last week also, but then part of me says it doesn't matter as much as seeing the growth the club has asked us to buy into and I seen plenty of that tonight with Pickett, Fisher, Seton  & Curnow all good or very good in flashes or in some cases throughout. Jack was having a shocker, but nailed two crucial goals to bring us back into it also.

So yeah I can take this result and march forward, to me I believe this is where we start to look at Phase two, where the completely defensive game plan starts to evolve and our players are given more license to run and carry, whilst also having that background of understanding their defensive/team roles.

So whilst I do buy completely, hook, line & sinker into this game plan, next year is the year we must start winning these winnable games. Next year is the year we need to get ourselves up to at least 10th, as that team sitting just outside the finals (or hopefully in) that could very well be playing finals with a bit of luck.

If we are an evolving/learning team, then the game plan and the results need to reflect this evolution.

Well done to the lads on heading to the West putting up a good fight and almost getting it done. For not chucking in the towel into the breeze in the last and for showing us they can take on players and beat them.

Now next year show us that you can ice games!
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #11
Charlie Curnow should win the NAB Rising Star easily this year, hang on he doesn't play for Melbourne! :(

He was fantastic tonight. He's been as good as more than half the senior players for weeks now.

Maybe Kouta's on the voting panel. He loves Charlie ^-^. Might swing a few votes his way. OK I'm fantasizing, but seriously he's a jet.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
I think Charlie is the best kid in the game at the moment, but he can't win it because he didn't get his nomination until late. Long after all the journos have been talking up the front runners.

If they were fair dinkum he should win it, but I predict he won't get a vote
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #13
Great post MIO.

A very pleasing result for this group. What with injuries, inexperience, travel, and some unlucky ( :o) umpiring decisions, we can hold our head's high. This is a seasoned finals bound side with the most dangerous KPF of the last few years, and 2 Brownlow  medalists. We nearly knocked them off ^-^
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
Frigging umpires  why do they pay htb when there is no prior.?
Depends who is holding it and who is tackling. If we are tackled it's holding it, when we lay the lay they can just drop it or hand it to their team mates.
Umpires royally screwed us tonight.