Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Pre Game Peril: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 15281 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 22: Pre Game Peril: Carlton vs Hawthorn

We haven't beaten Hawthorn in quite some time. I would really like to give them a pounding they will never forget.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 22: Pre Game Peril: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #1
We haven't beaten Hawthorn in quite some time. I would really like to give them a pounding they will never forget.

Not this time I'm afraid.

Hawks by 6 goals.

Reply #2
Not this time I'm afraid.

Hawks by 6 goals.

Agree...OMeara played 3/4 with the Box Hill Hawks and did very well so I reckon he might be an in.....Levi might do well this week as Ben Brown is troubling Hawthorn even though the umps refuse to pay him marks.
LIam Jones vs Roughead should be a great battle...Roughy is the most team orientated forward playing the game and is always setting up other players.
Interesting to see Burton vs Curnow in the battle of the rising stars......
Tom Mitchell is the man we need to tag....Nth have tried today and failed in the first half...

Reply #3
Did Kruezer get a clean bill of health after the game.
Looked sore and limping at the end

Reply #4

Agree...OMeara played 3/4 with the Box Hill Hawks and did very well so I reckon he might be an in.....Levi might do well this week as Ben Brown is troubling Hawthorn even though the umps refuse to pay him marks.
LIam Jones vs Roughead should be a great battle...Roughy is the most team orientated forward playing the game and is always setting up other players.
Interesting to see Burton vs Curnow in the battle of the rising stars......
Tom Mitchell is the man we need to tag....Nth have tried today and failed in the first half...

Yes, we also need to follow the Tigers method of manic pressure on the ball carrier and make sure we give them no time and space to play their precise uncontested kicking game. If we play too much of a zone, or too much flooding, it will make it too easy for them I reckon. If anyone will know their tactics, it will be Bolts, so he should be a monty to get it right.

Reply #5
Did Kruezer get a clean bill of health after the game.
Looked sore and limping at the end

The AFL website is not reporting any "official" injuries, so we might have to wait for Macca's  weekly report.

Reply #6

Agree...OMeara played 3/4 with the Box Hill Hawks and did very well so I reckon he might be an in.....

Hawks have said that O'Meara is playing 2's for the rest of the year.

If he plays 1 more AFL game he will not be eligible to play finals for Box Hill...and they want to get as many games into him as they can...and would like Box Hill to go deep into finals as well.

Chance of O'Meara playing is 0.01%.

Reply #7
Hawks have said that O'Meara is playing 2's for the rest of the year.

If he plays 1 more AFL game he will not be eligible to play finals for Box Hill...and they want to get as many games into him as they can...and would like Box Hill to go deep into finals as well.

Chance of O'Meara playing is 0.01%.

Fair enough, then he probably wont play, not sure why he is playing at all unless Hawks think they can sneak into the eight...

Reply #8
Fair enough, then he probably wont play, not sure why he is playing at all unless Hawks think they can sneak into the eight...

Fitness, confidence, getting a good look at what he is capable of.

Reply #9
I had this pencilled in as a win from a few weeks ago.

Make it so footy gods.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
I believe they want to play him in the VFL finals, as Box Hill are definitely there. To qualify he has to play VFL this week at least, not AFL.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Hopefully we see a Ryan Burton/Charlie Curnow match up.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
Hopefully we see a Ryan Burton/Charlie Curnow match up.

Charlie's a much bigger unit, with, you'd imagine, far better endurance....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #13
I believe they want to play him in the VFL finals, as Box Hill are definitely there. To qualify he has to play VFL this week at least, not AFL.

You mean they care about winning at the lower levels, what sort of crazy culture are they trying to build at that club?

Look at us, we don't give a ratsar5e about winning at Preston!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
You mean they care about winning at the lower levels, what sort of crazy culture are they trying to build at that club?

Look at us, we don't give a ratsar5e about winning at Preston!

Perhaps the same culture that built the successful Geelong teams of the mid 2000's, I remember reading articles where Brian Cook specifically said that they kept Bartel, Ablett and others together in the reserves so they would learn to play together and enjoy some success. When they finally progressed to seniors they were ready to play.