Skip to main content
Topic: JLT Series - 5 days away (Read 10143 times) previous topic - next topic

JLT Series - 5 days away

ok, enough of the AFLW and AFLX blubber, some real footy starts on the 24th with the Blues up on Wed week (28th) at 1910 at Ikon Park vs the Sainters.

We then play the Hawks March 10th in Tassie.

Thanks God after having to endure the tripe of both the W and X games.

Given St Kilda's dynamic style of play that has made us (and even th Tigers last year) look so, so ordinary will be interesting how our new batch of fast players counter the Saints fast ball movement.

Will they resort to a shootout?

Given these are pretty much the last hitouts of substance before the Tigers in rd 1 on (Thursday) March 22, you'd expect us to name a near full strength team on both dates?

Obvious ins - Murph, Crippa, SPS, Curnows (x2), Levi, Big Harry, Jones, Plow, Garlett (imo), Simmo, Wright, Weiters, Special K.

There's 14 - throw in Dow, Fisher, Marchbank, Pickett, Willo, Byrne, SOJ.

Last spot?

Daisy? ASOS? O'Brien? Kerridge? Lang (if fit?)

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: JLT Series - 5 days away

Reply #1
Don't they have unlimited benches with these games??  Last year at Optus, I think they brought about 6 totally fresh players on at half time. They'll rotate between 28 - 30 on the night.

Reply #2

ok, enough of the AFLW and AFLX blubber, some real footy starts on the 24th with the Blues up on Wed week (28th) at 1910 at Ikon Park vs the Sainters.

We then play the Hawks March 10th in Tassie.

Thanks God after having to endure the tripe of both the W and X games.

YES !!     

I've watched approx. 5 mins of our AFLW play and only watched our 1st game of AFLX and didnt bother watching anymore even though i recorded it all

in my best Rock voice.......... "FINALLY some real footy"

Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #3
Well we must really have felt let down by the pre season comps to be seeing the JLT series as the 'real stuff'... ???

I thought the real stuff started in March when we took on the Tiggers  ;D

Might also mean we've simply been teased enough... Anyway, I sure am looking forward to the JLT series to get a glimpse of how some of the newbies are settling in; how we address no doc; and how we kick more goals. Yummy.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Interest for me is around how the team sets up in terms of being able to attack more and the newbie players who might be in the round 1 team...will Bolton go with three big forwards ie Bolt, Charlie and Harry and buck the small forward/pressure trend...
This should all be on display in the JLT series...results are not important but method is and I want to see how hungry the newbies are for a game...eg OShea and Mullet should be competing  to get Dochertys spot ...Dow and OBrien might also be in with a chance to both play round 1 so its exciting times..add Pickett/Garlett and we for the first time in years we actually have competition for places and Bolton has said its going to based on form so I expect all those blokes to be firing up....

Reply #5
ok, enough of the AFLW and AFLX blubber, some real footy starts on the 24th with the Blues up on Wed week (28th) at 1910 at Ikon Park

Lol at all of this couldn't have said it better myself
L

Reply #6
Be careful what you wish for.

X and W games don't result in 10+ goal thumpings.

Reply #7
Well said Kruddler

Reply #8
well said?

Now, that's a bizarro comment!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Interest for me is around how the team sets up in terms of being able to attack more and the newbie players who might be in the round 1 team...will Bolton go with three big forwards ie Bolt, Charlie and Harry and buck the small forward/pressure trend...
This should all be on display in the JLT series...results are not important but method is and I want to see how hungry the newbies are for a game...eg OShea and Mullet should be competing  to get Dochertys spot ...Dow and OBrien might also be in with a chance to both play round 1 so its exciting times..add Pickett/Garlett and we for the first time in years we actually have competition for places and Bolton has said its going to based on form so I expect all those blokes to be firing up....
And this will be the point of difference for people. Some will say the method was good others will say its bad. If we play well and blitz the preseasons games, some will say its good others will say its bad as we have shown our hand early. I reckon the PS games are just a WOFT from a supporters point of view, the only ones who now what we are doing and how well we have gone are the coaches. As a supporter, I will get interested on the 22/3/18 at 7.25pm.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #10
And this will be the point of difference for people. Some will say the method was good others will say its bad. If we play well and blitz the preseasons games, some will say its good others will say its bad as we have shown our hand early. I reckon the PS games are just a WOFT from a supporters point of view, the only ones who now what we are doing and how well we have gone are the coaches. As a supporter, I will get interested on the 22/3/18 at 7.25pm.

If we get beat by 10 goals plus like Krud is suggesting I think there will be a fair body of evidence to suggest we havent gone so well, I dont need a coach to tell me that......
Dont think we are in a position to worry about showing our hand early.....

Reply #11
If we get beat by 10 goals plus like Krud is suggesting I think there will be a fair body of evidence to suggest we havent gone so well, I dont need a coach to tell me that......
Dont think we are in a position to worry about showing our hand early.....

^^^ This !
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #12

Yep, spot on elwood. I'm the same as you. Interested in who's hungry and wants to 'fire up' form wise. Doubt Bolton will be just handing guys like O'Shea and Mullett a senior HBF spot. They'll need to earn it. Those two, plus Byrne and Williamson will be in a race. Wouldn't discount the likes of Cuningham, Garlett and Pickett getting some game time down back also. They have the zip.

All the kids. I'm looking forward to watching all of the kids we have plus the other newbies such as Lang, Kennedy, Mullett and O'Shea.

Big Harry McKay forward in a key post with Charlie Curnow is mouth watering. Pat Kerr should not be discounted either.

Reply #13
Lang is almost the most interesting of the newbies for me.

Cost us nothing and with Smedts being a bit disappointing I sort of forgot about him but then I thought - he's just about Geelongs best in a final and still only 22. Quick and can kick goals. Former first rounder (yet another one - we must have 20 on the list these days).

We only got him cheap because of their Ablett related salary cap squeeze.

Could he be better than I thought? Hopefully he's fit enough to play JOT.

Reply #14
Also looking forward to Polson.

So quick and classy. Pretty sure he'll play.