Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age (Read 22158 times) previous topic - next topic

Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age

Interesting article about Matty Kreuzer in today's Age:

Kreuzer expects his time either at full forward or at centre half-forward will ramp up this season, having spent the summer discussing and working with rucking partner Robbie Warnock on the best way they can take charge at the centre bounce, at stoppages and as marking threats inside attacking 50.

Kreuzer was ranked elite by Champion Data for score assists as a ruckman last season but contributed only eight goals. He had a shot-at-goal accuracy of 31 per cent - below average for an AFL ruckman.

''With the new interchange rule, it's going to mean bigger blokes are out there longer. It's going to be fun running around as a forward,'' he said.

''I played a little bit more there last year. I enjoyed it. (I will) just keep developing and hopefully kick a few more goals. I played there a little bit as a junior … it's fun down there.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-ruckman-matthew-kreuzer-says-the-blues-must-stand-up-20140204-31zhc.html#ixzz2sQ79aje0

Let's hope his positive attitude transforms into a very productive and injury free season.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer says the Blues must stand up - the Age

Reply #1

Kreuzer expects his time either at full forward or at centre half-forward will ramp up this season, having spent the summer discussing and working with rucking partner Robbie Warnock on the best way they can take charge at the centre bounce, at stoppages and as marking threats inside attacking 50.

Kreuzer was ranked elite by Champion Data for score assists as a ruckman last season but contributed only eight goals. He had a shot-at-goal accuracy of 31 per cent - below average for an AFL ruckman.

''With the new interchange rule, it's going to mean bigger blokes are out there longer. It's going to be fun running around as a forward,'' he said.

''I played a little bit more there last year. I enjoyed it. (I will) just keep developing and hopefully kick a few more goals. I played there a little bit as a junior … it's fun down there.''

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-ruckman-matthew-kreuzer-says-the-blues-must-stand-up-20140204-31zhc.html#ixzz2sQ79aje0

Let's hope his positive attitude transforms into a very productive and injury free season.

If he is kicking at 31% hen I dont want him spending too much time down forward...

Reply #2

SpecialK doesn't get set shots like a ruckmen, most of them like Cox, Naitanui, McEvoy, Leuenberger are marking well within 15m~20m of goal for the bulk of their shots, usually from dropping back into F50 from a HFF stoppage. SpecialK tends to clunk balls outside 40m.

I don't see this as a major problem with SpecialK because it is caused by our game plan not the players. Give them a chance to clunk it in the goal square and the scoring percentages will rise.

Last year in multiple games we could sit and watch Casboult, Hampson or Rowe lead out and clunk marks on the wing, while the running HFBs bombed the ball long to Bett's in the square!

If the game plan doesn't change resting any ruckmen as a leading forward will be a waste of time.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
My faith in MK resets again as it does each year to positive optimism. As another post above rightly pointed out, kicking goals can be fixed almost instantly by being in a different position when having opportunity to shoot for goal (game plan). My optimism is centered on his ability to be out there on the day, rather than in recovery. Looking forward to a big year from K.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #4
My faith in MK resets again as it does each year to positive optimism. As another post above rightly pointed out, kicking goals can be fixed almost instantly by being in a different position when having opportunity to shoot for goal (game plan). My optimism is centered on his ability to be out there on the day, rather than in recovery. Looking forward to a big year from K.

No arguments from me there buddy. Lets keep our fingers crossed. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5

He's my man crush as I'm sure he is Micks. I expect great things from MK in 2014.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #6
iF HE FIRES WE ARE TOP 4 MATERIAL.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
Reckon MM wants big Knockers as number 1 ruck.

Reply #8
Reckon MM wants big Knockers as number 1 ruck.

Agree. MK as second ruck, tall forward.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9

If he is kicking at 31% hen I dont want him spending too much time down forward...
he was excellent in his accuracy only a couple of years back - he missed only one or 2 shots for the entire season. But over the last couple of seasons he couldn't hit the side of a barn from inside the barn. Matters not where he plays, he needs to work on that kicking!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10

he was excellent in his accuracy only a couple of years back - he missed only one or 2 shots for the entire season. But over the last couple of seasons he couldn't hit the side of a barn from inside the barn. Matters not where he plays, he needs to work on that kicking!

He's not Robinson Crusoe there Crash!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
Tired of the pre-season talk.

Last year Hampson said, he is going to have a gun season...and be a tall marking forward..

well he is now at Richmond...

IMO, Kruezer's head is on the block- if he doesn't deliver, move him on to another Club.

Reply #12

Last year Hampson said, he is going to have a gun season...and be a tall marking forward..

IMO, Kruezer's head is on the block- if he doesn't deliver, move him on to another Club.

You better take care what you wish for. It could come back to bite us big time. Hampson and Kreuzer is like a comparison of a bus to a sports car. Both have wheels and can transport, but both have different purposes. Both were rucks, yes. Both had abilities yes. However one could act as an extra mid player blocking, tackling, and assisting other mids, while the other just watched the time go by. One is a work horse and one is a paddock pony ride. Watch the season end and see who has the better player. I do understand your frustrations and can't argue with you on what has been delivered. Unfortunately injuries will plague some players. I hope not Special-K. I still have some small faith he may come good. For the benefit of the club and not just for him. Lets cross those fingers.  ;) If we sell he better get a good price in return.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13

K-man is 10 times the player that Hammer was. Can mark for a start. Generally dominates opposition ruckman when fit.

When MK is in the guts we win more centre clearances.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #14

K-man is 10 times the player that Hammer was. Can mark for a start. Generally dominates opposition ruckman when fit.

Sorry but that is just wrong. Hammer whilst dropping a few marks at least gets his hands to the ball in EVERY marking contest. Kreuzer struggles to do even that, let alone clunk any.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!