Skip to main content
Topic: What's wrong with Lachie? (Read 19250 times) previous topic - next topic

What's wrong with Lachie?

One our most consistent players in 2013. A legitimate swingman who could influence a game at both ends. Looked to be coming into his prime.

His last 4-5 weeks have been worse than poor. He is only getting a handful of touches and having Zero influences on games.

So what's wrong with Lachie, injury?, form?, or just played out of position?
Eat more chooks

Re: What's wrong with Lachie?

Reply #1
Dont think he's being played out of position. He is a decent forward.

I'd suggest he had 2 ops over the pre season. The last one being close to Feb-March from memory.

He would also be getting the number one backman now.

Probably needs to get more up the ground but fitness is lacking and now has probably lost a bit of confidence.

There was also the rumour that he had broken up with his childhood sweetheart recently.

I reckon he's one good game from turning his whole form around.

Hopefully its this week against his (and Docho's) ex team.

Reply #2

Give him one more week of mediocrity.

Let him turn it on against a team that we will need it, Cats or Hawks. ;)

Reply #3
Have a look at his 2011 season. ;)
Similar issues this pre-season
He'll be fine when the whips are cracking :D

Reply #4
He seems to have trouble getting separation, which is not something he normally struggles with.

OP or a groin of some sort.?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5
Probably a lack of a decent pre-season. Looking at that last kick for  goal, where he was cramping alot, indicates his fitness isn't there at the moment.

Reply #6
Probably a lack of a decent pre-season. Looking at that last kick for  goal, where he was cramping alot, indicates his fitness isn't there at the moment.

Thats what I would have thought, but he doesn't seem to get any distance from his man. That could just be a combination of TV and poor delivery I suppose.

A question for those at the game, does he get separation at all?

He was getting clear a month ago.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #7
He had 13 kicks 8 marks and 5.3 against the Doggies. His form has been poor either side of that with a very good game against WCE. I called it after the scum game, he does not play like he wants it bad enough.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #8
He had 13 kicks 8 marks and 5.3 against the Doggies. His form has been poor either side of that with a very good game against WCE. I called it after the scum game, he does not play like he wants it bad enough.

The dogs were missing 2 of their best key defenders. Including our game, there were 8 out of 10 opposition key forwards to that stage of the season had there best return against that dogs defenders. Both Henderson and Waite had season bests against the dogs.

Thats massive.

Reply #9
He lacks pace to make strong leads.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
Amazingly he is playing so badly and we keep winning, considering last year we needed him to play his best to be any hope of winning.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #11
He's a CHB being played out of position.

He was almost AA CHB two seasons ago and teamed very well with Jammo. Rowe is average at best. Lachie has polish with his disposal something that Rowe will never have.

I want to see Henderson at CHB for the rest of the season and Watson given a 3-4 week block at CHF before we toss him.

Reply #12
Dont think he's being played out of position. He is a decent forward.

I'd suggest he had 2 ops over the pre season. The last one being close to Feb-March from memory.

He would also be getting the number one backman now.

Probably needs to get more up the ground but fitness is lacking and now has probably lost a bit of confidence.

There was also the rumour that he had broken up with his childhood sweetheart recently.

In some cases it can be that easy. Lets hope in his case you are spot on. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
Hendo cramped up in the last quarter and its round 10! Clearly, he is suffering from a lack of preseason conditioning. That's all.

Reply #14
Hendo cramped up in the last quarter and its round 10! Clearly, he is suffering from a lack of preseason conditioning. That's all.

Zach presented on his shoulder yet he still went back and butchered it.
IN WADA WE TRUST