Skip to main content
Topic: Bolton's Bolter? (Read 11163 times) previous topic - next topic

Bolton's Bolter?

Whenever you get a change of coach, you often get a player or two who steps it up under the new regime.

I'm going with Buckley to take it to the next level and flourish under Bolton's more positive approach.

Other suggestions?

Re: Bolton's Bolter?

Reply #1
I think sometimes Buckley is a little rough with his ball use. With Bolts coming from the Hawks, Bucks might need time to endear himself to the coach.

I'm going Boekhorst. Reckon he could be a poor man's Isaac Smith if things work out. I dream a lot these days.

Reply #2
Clem Smith.

Looking fit.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #3
I'm going Boekhorst...looks well prepared for this season and has the added incentive of being in the last year of his contract and being a controversial Rogers selection I think he will know he needs a big year to stay on the list.
I enjoy watching him play and reckon he can be an exciting player, can take a good mark, can carry the ball with some style and kick a good goal....

Matthew Wright would be my other pick to establish himself in the team and be a favourite with supporters...

Reply #4

Levi......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #5
I'm going Boekhorst...looks well prepared for this season and has the added incentive of being in the last year of his contract and being a controversial Rogers selection I think he will know he needs a big year to stay on the list.
I enjoy watching him play and reckon he can be an exciting player, can take a good mark, can carry the ball with some style and kick a good goal....

Agree 100%. Add Nicky G Banger to the list as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
I reckon Kerridge will just shade Boekhorst but there could be plenty of competition.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
We really need it to be Jaksch.

Although anyone will be fine.

Kerridge, Lamb, Boekhorst are the most likely types, and it could even be Whiley based on the game vs Hawthorn.

I think that the 2014 recruitment period is going to be viewed in a different light by the end of it, and people might change their view significantly on what it meant for our footyball club by the time Bolton is finished.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
x2

x3

He looks leaner, fitter and hardened,  I wonder if his endurance has improved?

He also looks a lot older, maybe it's the shave, but could this change in appearance be the true price that kids pay for being an AFL player?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
We really need it to be Jaksch.

Although anyone will be fine.

Kerridge, Lamb, Boekhorst are the most likely types, and it could even be Whiley based on the game vs Hawthorn.

I think that the 2014 recruitment period is going to be viewed in a different light by the end of it, and people might change their view significantly on what it meant for our footyball club by the time Bolton is finished.

You could be right Thry, but I have one word to say in response: Jones.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
I would love the big Levi to come storming onto the scene and become a KPF superstar!  8)

Maybe I'm asking a bit much but if he could really start bagging some goals it would be great.

With Jones DJC, sorry mate you're dreamin, (but maybe I am too!)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
You could be right Thry, but I have one word to say in response: Jones.

Imagine he actually has some sort of payoff?  His deal for pick 47 is coming from a long way back so it doesnt need to be a large one either just a decent contribution for the next 2 seasons before Harry Mckay takes his role.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #13
I reckon Kerridge will just shade Boekhorst but there could be plenty of competition.

I think Kerridge is a given...reminds me a bit of the Heath Scotland scenario at Collingwood where he was squeezed out due to strong depth rather than being a poor player.
Boekhorst's career is on the line and I for one will be trying to will him over the line for another contract as I feel he has carried some extra pressure...

Reply #14
Late Friday i said NG might struggle for best 22 but I watched NGs game again and although He's got limitations his vision, decision making and finishing is first class.

If maintaining possession is crucial he might be just be an important player.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................