Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Paralysis: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 19875 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 17: Post Game Paralysis: Carlton vs West Coast

Ready for action. May it please us all to write here.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Paralysis: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #1
we need to put pressure on there mids ,if we can do this helps our defenders control JK and DARLS.

Reply #2
When you come from 27 down 1/2 time to rock last year's grand finalists, you've had a super day out. Especially when this team belted you by 10 goals when you met last.

Had we had a few more contributors and slotted those couple of gettable set shots - we'd be grinners :))

Well done Blues.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #3
Memo to K Jaksch:  On your way out, grab a copy of the last quarter and see how someone with some football clues and determination, plays that forward position. He wears 23

Reply #4
When you come from 27 down 1/2 time to rock last year's grand finalists, you've had a super day out. Especially when this team belted you by 10 goals when you met last.

Had we had a few more contributors and slotted those couple of gettable set shots - we'd be grinners :))

Well done Blues.

It does raise the usual question though - did they shut up shop or did we shut them down ? A bit of both IMO.

Reply #5
Hate being beaten, should never accept it but.......  Last quarter Cripps, Silvagni, Weitering, Curnow, Plowman, Phillip with the class of Gibbs and the courage of Simpson, there was a lot to like. 

Reply #6
Pretty gutsy effort in the second half. Cripps, Silvagni, Gibbs flicked the switch. Good signs for the future.

Our first half was putrid though.

Reply #7
Kerridge has a crack bit disposal is terrible.
Cripps and Gibbs come back into it in the second half but neede more early.
2 critical errors cost in the third.

Reply #8
Memo to K Jaksch:  On your way out, grab a copy of the last quarter and see how someone with some football clues and determination, plays that forward position. He wears 23

His first game back in a side that kicked 3.3 to half time. Weitering's a better player but Jaksch will be ok.

Reply #9
You can never be happy with a loss but today is as close as it comes, a great fighting effort and the boys never lost faith.
We're four or five players short of being a good side even with Murphy, Thomas and Byrne available.
Curnow and Silvagni are both good enough, one decent key forward and one decent small forward and our front six will be getting there.
On top of that a couple of quick and skillful midfielders and wer're away, but it's easier said than done.
I really liked Phillips' game today.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10
Laj, were you actually at the game?????

Reply #11
His first game back in a side that kicked 3.3 to half time. Weitering's a better player but Jaksch will be ok.
Hope so, showed some courage making that spoil, shocking turnover, he got into it at least. Must persist with him and give him time..I think.
Sumner and Lamb were a worry today.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
I think Phillips will become a very good ruckman. All he needs is a few extra kilos and some time. I see good things ahead. The next draft is crucial.

Reply #13
It does raise the usual question though - did they shut up shop or did we shut them down ? A bit of both IMO.

Or was it all a showcase of our exciting game for the US Vice President ;)

No matter what we make of it, it should help the club's rebuild for supporters, staff, and players alike.
Gutsy performances don't do us any harm. Compare it to our last outing with WC and you've gotta be happy.

The young fellows in particular were exciting.

Go Blues :-*
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #14
Hope so, showed some courage making that spoil, shocking turnover, he got into it at least. Must persist with him and give him time..I think.
Sumner and Lamb were a worry today.

Jaksch isn't good enough at AFL level.
Sumner did well to earn that shot late but small forwards have to nail them, his ball to Curnow earlier was good.
I think he shows enough to persevere with, I'd replace Lamb with Boekhorst for next week, and Jaksch with Jones.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.