Skip to main content
Topic: 2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 34378 times) previous topic - next topic

2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne

Very interesting to see how this pans out.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2017 Rd 2: Post Game Postulations: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #1
Low scoring, scrappy, fumbly.

Blah.

Reply #2
Hard to imagine what selection can do to fix this mess, you'd have to change half the team if you did it on merit!

We'll probably find baring injuries not many changes for next week.

PS: Oh my mistake, one change, Daisy out! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
The game was there for the taking. We had our nose in front, tails up and then a midget laid out our ruckman. Game changer right there, coupled with a shocker from Gibbs and serious brains fart from Murphy = 0-2.

Casboult had a shocker that was masked by that goal in the last, Armfield should never, EVER!!! play a game for the blues again.
Smedts wasn't bad, had some great moments but kicking is woeful. Curnow did a job on Lewis. Pickett, I'm not sure, when he's on he's great and then disappears for 2 qtrs.
SPS learned how not to play the game. Marchy and the Plow were serviceable. Rowe did well on Hogan. Simon white- see armfield.
Curnow will benefit from a week or 2 in the seconds. The general was ok. SOJ - has to learn how to lead. Ffs how can none of our forwards lead. Fūck me sideways, which is it so hard to lead?!?
Oh, Big Matty Wright had a great game.

Anyways, I will go drown my sorrows now

Reply #4
The game was there for the taking. We had our nose in front, tails up and then a midget laid out our ruckman. Game changer right there, coupled with a shocker from Gibbs and serious brains fart from Murphy = 0-2.

Casboult had a shocker that was masked by that goal in the last, Armfield should never, EVER!!! play a game for the blues again.
Smedts wasn't bad, had some great moments but kicking is woeful. Curnow did a job on Lewis. Pickett, I'm not sure, when he's on he's great and then disappears for 2 qtrs.
SPS learned how not to play the game. Marchy and the Plow were serviceable. Rowe did well on Hogan. Simon white- see armfield.
Curnow will benefit from a week or 2 in the seconds. The general was ok. SOJ - has to learn how to lead. Ffs how can none of our forwards lead. Fūck me sideways, which is it so hard to lead?!?
Oh, Big Matty Wright had a great game.

Anyways, I will go drown my sorrows now

Who is our forward coach? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5

Actually pretty pointless anyways, there is no one down there usually, then everyone is down there. ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6
Hard to imagine what selection can do to fix this mess, you'd have to change half the team if you did it on merit!

We'll probably find baring injuries not many changes for next week.

PS: Oh my mistake, one change, Daisy out! ::)

Yes, more run slightly less height in defence (ie White), and more runners through the midfield. Probably play another key forward although if we get the ball into the F50 as slow and horribly as we did today no key forward will "volunteer" to come out of the NBs..lol.

Reply #7
OUT: C Curnow, Casboult, Armfield
In: Harry Mackay, any young mid, seriously anyone one could do the same or better then armfield, Jaksch

Reply #8

Who's our midfield coach more like it. Forwards have no hope with the lack of run and awful ball use.

Reply #9
It's not the coaches people. Let's face it, it's the players. They are just not A graders. Gibbs and Murph are good footballers, they are not great. Don't get me wrong, you need that type but only to support for the likes of Crippa

Reply #10
OUT: C Curnow, Casboult, Armfield
In: Harry Mackay, any young mid, seriously anyone one could do the same or better then armfield, Jaksch

CC needs a rest, Armfield tried very hard but is out of form. Casboult had the worst 3rd qtr imaginable, damn awful, but still took 8-9 marks as the first half and last qtr were decent (still mixed with a few crappy errors), and anyway we have no back up ruckmen. Need a 2nd key forward though badly to back up Weitering.

Reply #11
Casboult was woeful...a lampost would be more useful...
Armfield...gone
Charlie Curnow...been drinking his own bathwater, needs some tough love in the twos...
Docherty....error ridden, lack of awareness at times mixed with some good stuff..
MacReadie reminds me of Darren Milburn.....going ok
Marchbank...good but with some turnovers by foot..
White...gone
Rowe did the job on Hogan but marking a footy to him is akin to catching a RPG...
Simpson ok...but last season..
Smedts...reliable to a point but needs to do more..
Pickett...like him but needs to do more when he is on..
SPS...learning the game and will be in and out of play
Weitering....learning about playing forward, not his fault delivery is so poor.
Wright.. very effective footballer
Plowman, good all day apart from one poor tackle attempt.
Murphy and Gibbs...ok at times and also turned the footy over badly especially Murphy,,
Kruezer...battled well vs the bigger Gawn.
Ed Curnow..beat Lewis but his disposal is so poor its a 50/50 call on his effectiveness overall IMO..
SOSOS...poor IMO, looked slow and is kicking like Casboult...still young so I shouldnt expect too much but he needs to work harder for his kicks..
Cripps...gun all day, played his best game for a while and easy BOG IMO...
Thomas...couple of good things but just went..

Reply #12
Yes think Charlie needs a change, bring in Mackay but not in a key role let him grow into it to much pressure at an early age. Keep some big bodies up forward, maybe even Rowe at times to switch things up. We have a range of tall defenders . Let's use them to switch things up .

Reply #13
I must have watched a different game.

Was impressed with the endeavor and heart today. Melbourne took till 20 mins into the last to put the game in the bag. Many on here predicted this mob will definitely play finals and made a good outfit look poor last week.

I know it's difficult to be positive when you have a loss but we must remember we had SOJ, C Curnow, Marchbank, SPS, mcCredie and Pickett all in today and curnow aside thought the rest were very serviceable. SOJ is the veteran of this list with 10games!!!

Hard to win with 6 players under 10 games.

Add in Weitering, plowman and cripps as more young players yet to notch 50 games and that's a very young team today.

While I'm disappointed with some of the costly errors from senior players and to lose yet again but I saw enough today to say we are tracking ahead of where I thought we would be.

I'm happy with the kids progress.

A bit of perspective needed folks.

Reply #14
One goal between Casboult, Charlie Curnow,, Silvagni and Weitering and it was always going to be tough but in fairness to them the last kick in was woeful all day.
Until our field kicking improves we won't trouble any good sides.
The back 6 looks too top heavy to me, no one at the fall of the ball all  day and either White or Macredie seem surplus to requirements.
I liked Smedts today, Cripps was much better, Murphy and Gibbs both gave it all they had and Docherty was very good.
It was better than last week, much better, sustained effort and they played for each other, but boy are our general skills shabby.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.