Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs (Read 27267 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Dissections: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs

A win against last year's premiers would be a top scalp.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 17: Post Game Disinterested Disections: Carlton vs Weastern Bulldogs

Reply #2
Just not enough of anything. Not enough class, not enough depth, not enough skill, not enough defensive pressure, not enough attacking flair.

Blah.

Reply #3
Someone had a premonition with the thread title...lol

Reply #4
IMO, he looks exactly like a player that was borderline to be drafted.

He's picked regularly for the same reason Casboult is.

I agree that you are being a bit harsh. He has been pretty good this year. You watch his work rate when he plays forward, he is the only one making repeated leads, take some good grabs and he always chases his opponent and his kicking continues to improve. He is also one of best at reading the ball in flight and getting into good position.
He wasn't seen much today, but for some reason, in a game where our forward line was so rubbish, he wasn't played up forward.

Reply #5
Just not enough of anything. Not enough class, not enough depth, not enough skill, not enough defensive pressure, not enough attacking flair.

Blah.

Getting injuries plus the younger draftees are feeling the long year. Only bright side is we again hung in on our worst day. Days like today happen to young sides. Let's hope it is better next week.

Reply #6
I really don't see what it is you are not seeing with Jack Paul.
He goes hard, was poor today, but not on his Pat Malone.
As a young forward he has 3 times kicked 3 goals, has maintained a goal a game average, earned his spot with good performances in the twos and is 19 years of age.

I simply cannot see what it is to not like about him.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #7
I agree that you are being a bit harsh. He has been pretty good this year. You watch his work rate when he plays forward, he is the only one making repeated leads, take some good grabs and he always chases his opponent and his kicking continues to improve. He is also one of best at reading the ball in flight and getting into good position.
He wasn't seen much today, but for some reason, in a game where our forward line was so rubbish, he wasn't played up forward.

Fair enough. He was no better and no worse that most of our players today, but his limitations frustrate me.

We need more speed. We move the ball like it weighs a tonne. We run like we have boat anchors around our legs. And we simply don't try and create with ball in hand. We just wait for a spare man to present themselves, and try to hit them up. There's no inventiveness, no risk taking, no one being proactive in trying to make things happen. And becuase we chip endlessly, when we turn it over, it's almost always in our back half.

The exception to that was the 1st q.

Reply #8
with a group of young players growing collectively with each game, its a house of cards when a few are injured. (out and playing)
Marchbank was a huge out for mine. Too much pressure on simmo, and then the coach somehow pulls #15 out of the same stretched backline on ball
3 years ago+, we would have been smashed after 3/4 time. The improvement is, this group never gives up. We played the reigning premiers - albeit down on form.

BTW that young for bulldogs will be something for them down back

Reply #9
Bulldogs had alot of the ball and our tackle count was substandard parallel to how much of the ball Bulldogs had.

Missed Cripps in a big way and need depth in this area in a big way.

Reply #10
If you compare our 'bottom 6' today vs our 'bottom 6' against GWS, we trying to cover Marchbank, Cripps, Curnow, Thomas etc with lesser lights.

Reply #11
I must have missed something, where is Daisy Thomas?
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #12
I shall contribute as much to this discussion as is equal to the amount of joy I derived from watching this game.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #13
If you compare our 'bottom 6' today vs our 'bottom 6' against GWS, we trying to cover Marchbank, Cripps, Curnow, Thomas etc with lesser lights.

Thought we missed someone else in tandem with Cripps - Curnow would have been handy today as well.

Reply #14
No Cripps...No Carlton.....especially vs Bontempelli who just did what he liked........
Kruezer was good in the ruck but our onball  division without Cripps is poor....Kerridge tries hard but is a turnover merchant, Murphy doesnt hurt teams enough even though he racks up a lot of ball and our second stringers are just handy at best. Graham was ok today but isnt the class we need.
Lacking another big onballer who can help and cover Cripps as well as a real good ball user who can hit up targets.
Jones was good again today but I thought our other backs struggled at times, Weitering was poor, Simpson butchered the ball and we generally were poor with decision making and ball usage as a team...