Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 66380 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #345
I know I'll get burned for saying, but apart from size, I haven't seen a lot to get excited about with McKay. He took a couple of grabs in JLT1. Plenty on here so Raye him though, so hopefully he will get a good run to show if he has anything to go on with.

Reply #346
I know I'll get burned for saying, but apart from size, I haven't seen a lot to get excited about with McKay. He took a couple of grabs in JLT1. Plenty on here so Raye him though, so hopefully he will get a good run to show if he has anything to go on with.

He's shown no form so it's a sensible decision to leave him out. 4 or so marks from nearly two full JLT games for a 200cm forward just isn't enough.

I'm not sure we've seen much from Mullett, perhaps there are a few more injuries going around that the club admits.

Soooooooooo happy to see Garlett and SPS in the one line up.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #347
Gee I like BB's media conferences... the very antithesis of MM, no snide, adversarial comments. Such a refreshing change to listen to grounded, realistic & measured optimism together with important information.

Harry not playing is no surprise, just a little too top heavy. He'll get his chance as the kid needs continuity of games, as mentioned by our coaching staff. 4 new faces to don the navy blue - Dow, Garlett, Mullett and Kennedy.

I'm not expecting/hoping for anything more tomorrow night than a fair-dinkum dip... and I reckon that's what we'll see. It'll take time now for all the newbies to meld, so probably a very up and down season... but I reckon the ups (glimpses into our future) will be exciting and moments of full-on quick, transitional footy.

Mrs Baggers and I have our memberships, and now being 'long distance' / country members will only be able to make it to a few games - very impressed with the package for those of us who live 150k plus from Melb.

Yep, Tigers are on the small side so Harry is probably one too many talls, I want him played but I am also a big fan of picking the team based on the opposition and getting all the matchups right....Mullett probably got the nod ahead of OShea because he is a better fit for the Tiger small forwards.
I expect to be competitive and come close to winning especially with Houli, Prestia as likely outs... if we get knocked over by 4 goals plus then its probably going to be a long year...I'm hoping too the Tigers are in a premiership hangover still, might start real slow and we can jump them and hang on..

Reply #348
There was a rumor circulating that Nthmond might be playing an even shorter team than usual due to some niggles, not sure if this affected our decision.

What's the weather report?
 - Warmish with a chance of light showers, so greasy conditions, not ideal for an out of form marking target.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #350
http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Nice and sunny. Maybe a little windy.

Hi Paul, the 2:15pm update today says a slight chance of less than 1mm and a temp of 20°C at 9pm.

So it will probably be warm, it might be greasy, but it appears certain to be windy. Wind has traditionally not been good for us, we struggle to hit targets in perfect conditions.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #351
Nearest the pin round 1 team?

B   Byrne, Ciaran   Silvagni, Alex (R)   Plowman, Lachlan
HB   Mullett, Aaron   Jones, Liam   Marchbank, Caleb
C   Curnow, Charlie   Cripps, Patrick   Murphy, Marc
HF   Garlett, Jarrod   Casboult, Levi   Lamb, Jed
F   Pickett, Jarrod   Weitering, Jacob   Silvagni, Jack
R   Kreuzer, Matthew   Kennedy, Matthew   Petrevski-Seton, Sam
IC   Dow, Paddy   Simpson, Kade   Wright, Matthew
   Curnow, Edward     

E Fisher, Zac   Lang, Darcy   McKay, Harry

This is my team from December 13. Pickett / ASOS out injured and Fisher & I guess Cunningham in are the only changes by the looks. Good that the team has some level of predictability to it.

Really wish we'd found a spot for Harry though.

Pickett is injured as is Lang.  Not sure Silvagni will get a gig with no JLT form and a small forward line to contend with......

Reply #352
Hi Paul, the 2:15pm update today says a slight chance of less than 1mm and a temp of 20°C at 9pm.

So it will probably be warm, it might be greasy, but it appears certain to be windy. Wind has traditionally not been good for us, we struggle to hit targets in perfect conditions.

Disagree, my weatherzone forecast says winds of only 7km/hr from the SSE/ESE right through the game period.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #353
Yep, Tigers are on the small side so Harry is probably one too many talls, I want him played but I am also a big fan of picking the team based on the opposition and getting all the matchups right....Mullett probably got the nod ahead of OShea because he is a better fit for the Tiger small forwards.
I expect to be competitive and come close to winning especially with Houli, Prestia as likely outs... if we get knocked over by 4 goals plus then its probably going to be a long year...I'm hoping too the Tigers are in a premiership hangover still, might start real slow and we can jump them and hang on..

I heard on SEN the Tiggers are @ $2. I'm no betting guru but that does not sound like a lay down misere for them - or does it?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #354
I heard on SEN the Tiggers are @ $2. I'm no betting guru but that does not sound like a lay down misere for them - or does it?

I believe that is a special bet offer, not the real odds.

Reply #356
Pickett is injured as is Lang.  Not sure Silvagni will get a gig with no JLT form and a small forward line to contend with......

I did mention Pickett / ASOS out injured

Reply #357
Earlier on Sportsbet.

H2H.

Tiges 1.18
Blues 5.00
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #359
Odds of $2.00 for the Tiges is a special from one of the betting agencies. 
$20 maximum bet is the catch....