Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 9: Pre game Anticipation: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 13543 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 9: Pre game Anticipation: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #46
Charlies out with a tight quad  ::)

So after all the umpire saga he doesn't play anyway. Cant take a trick!

Kerr is in. 

Reply #47

Kerr is in.

Very interesting. Wonder if that is a genuine injury concern or whether other behind the scenes machinations were at work? Not paranoid or anything - it's just that everybody's out to get us!  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
Good luck to Kerr... seems to have worked his way into selection contention.

We have matched up well against Melbourne in recent years, but i can't see us getting close to them. They are good at beating up the lower placed teams.

Reply #49
Good luck to Kerr... seems to have worked his way into selection contention.

We have matched up well against Melbourne in recent years, but i can't see us getting close to them. They are good at beating up the lower placed teams.

I'm going along with fairly low expectations this week. We may be able to psych them out of it - outside chance only.

PS. Good luck and congrats to young Kerr - looking forward to seeing you play seniors.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50

Kerr is in.

We should ask the AFL if Charlie can take Ed's week...lol.

Reply #51
We should ask the AFL if Charlie can take Ed's week...lol.

Seems fair...they're responsible for all the tension...and that probably led to the tight quad  >:(

Reply #52

Kerr is in.

Murphy's law  ;)

Congratulations to Patrick Kerr
Have fun, feel proud, honor your family, and pester your opponents.

Go new Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #53
Great to see Kerr in, kid can play and I hope we persist with him.....he should have been played before IMO.
Tough game give Melb are strong in the midfield and have a bit of firepower up forward, as usual it all comes down to a couple of players ie Cripps, Kreuzer having great games for us, if either of them have an average day its probably going to get ugly.

Reply #54
I reckon Kerr is one of those blokes whom if you don't respect he'll kick goals on you.  Like all good forwards he makes chances count.   I also wouldn't want to stand in the hole when the ball is coming in.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #55
I reckon Kerr is one of those blokes whom if you don't respect he'll kick goals on you.  Like all good forwards he makes chances count.   I also wouldn't want to stand in the hole when the ball is coming in.

Agree...good supply might be the issue and of course the modern game requires forwards to defend to some extent but he has the tools to hurt other teams and is the only genuine FF we have had since Fev...

Reply #56
Went to open training this morning. Very light session obviously given we play tomorrow. No Curnows in sight (only found out later Charlie has done his quad, and they probably gave Ed a couple of days R&R after a pretty torrid week). Most striking was the mood of the players, they were up and about, lots of smiles and pats on the back, plenty of talk, they really got around their mates when they did something good, I got the feeling they are pretty tight as a group. Cripps led them out and trained at a higher level of intensity than everyone else (except maybe O'Brien), was first in every time Bolton blew the whistle, even if there were 10 blokes closer when the whistle went. Matt Wright was in street clothes and didn't do anything, McKay and Lamb didn't participate in any drills, but had a few set shots at the end. Lamb in particular looked sore. Murphy moved well, but didn't get out of second gear (like most of his teammates). Pat Kerr was up and about (I only found out later he'd just been told he was playing), his set shot goal kicking was outstanding

Reply #57
Thanks for that Jack

Wright in  doubt...or just managed?
We'll see tomorrow.

Reply #58
Not sure, but Matt Shaw trained with them, If Wright is out it will be Shaw in

Reply #59
If Wright's out I'd prefer Jack Silvagni...but we'll see. ;)