Skip to main content
Topic: Levi Casboult-Out of the shadows (Read 7736 times) previous topic - next topic

Levi Casboult-Out of the shadows

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carltons-levi-casboult-emerging-from-the-shadows-20140617-zs91p.html

Casboult, from the Victorian town of Beaconsfield, grew up a Blues supporter. His favourite player initially was ''skinny'' Matthew Lappin, admitting, with a smile, that there ''wasn’t really a like for like there''.

Casboult, at 199 centimetres and 103 kilograms, has the ''capability of being, we won’t call it the monster forward, but he’s a very difficult forward to hold when he’s up and running'', says Malthouse.

The next poster on Casboult’s wall was that of Waite, the man he now shares a forward line with. Casboult was delighted Waite, after an indifferent few weeks, responded strongly against the Hawks, with six marks, a goal and was active all night.

''It was a good step forward for Jarrad and I, especially Jarrad who has been a bit down. It was a boost of confidence for him as well,'' Casboult said. ''With Lachie [Henderson] coming back in, hopefully we can create a bit of havoc for some back lines in the weeks to come.''

It is likely Casboult can expect an offer of a two or three-year contract extension when negotiations with the Blues intensify. ''I grew up a Carlton supporter. If the opportunity arises, I definitely want to hang around,'' he said.

Re: Levi Casboult-Out of the shadows

Reply #1
Oh no.. Not media street

Reply #2
Great news never knew he was Carlton! Should be staying with a reasonable offer.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Yep - very pleasantly surprised to hear he was a Blues supporter growing up.....he's kept that one quiet 'til now!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #4
Forgive me if this is wrong, but I thought the fact that he was a blues fan growing up was common knowledge?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #5
News to me also, but that and the fact I think Mick is a fan should see him stay on. As the article states he is elite in terms of contested marking and you simply can not afford to lose that especially if you are us.

If he just keeps working on his kicking and if we could get a decent forward coach he would certainly be interesting to watch.

Reply #6
He has worked diligently on his technique and mental application with assistant coach Brad Green, one of the game’s best marksmen in his days with Melbourne. ''It’s been an on-going process. I have never been the best kick. It was nice for it to come together,'' Casboult said. ''It’s been something … all year that Greeny and I have worked on.''

That has been reinforced on the scoreboard, with Casboult’s conversion rate lifting from 36.8 per cent in his debut senior season of 2012 to 53 per cent this year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carltons-levi-casboult-emerging-from-the-shadows-20140617-zs91p.html#ixzz34wza2L6D

Interesting.  It appears as though Green might be giving us something after all.  Lets see how it pans out.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
Who was coaching 1AW with his kicking in the 2011 preseason?  If 1AW can become a dead eye dick so quickly then Cas can be taught to kick reasonably accurately, surely?

Reply #8
If he plays another good game he chould take the WC of the back page and could be on his way to Iraq to sort out their problems..

Lets see if he can get a kick vs GWS this week and make it go straght.....Levi's tyres need pumping after the Hawks game and thats fine but I think
we need to see some consistency over a period of time and not get carried away with one good game..

Reply #9
I don't think it's been one good game, he's had several but failed to convert in the past. Plus he does things most footballers could only dream of in the contested marking stakes.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #10
I don't think it's been one good game, he's had several but failed to convert in the past. Plus he does things most footballers could only dream of in the contested marking stakes.

Carrots...Been teased before by Lavi's hero Jarrod Waite so I am hard to please, sure Levi is a great contested mark but failing to convert is bad football in my books and  like I said I need to see consistency before I start having full faith in him..
4 goals on Spangher, Litherland, Schoenmakers etc doesnt convince me he has arrived....if that was Lake, Gibson, Stratton then I would have been more impressed...

Reply #11

Carrots...Been teased before by Lavi's hero Jarrod Waite so I am hard to please, sure Levi is a great contested mark but failing to convert is bad football in my books and  like I said I need to see consistency before I start having full faith in him..
4 goals on Spangher, Litherland, Schoenmakers etc doesnt convince me he has arrived....if that was Lake, Gibson, Stratton then I would have been more impressed...

It was Hawthorn, full stop. There were 7 in front of him when he took one of his marks, I don't care who was on him.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #12

I'm with you Brother Elwood !!

It certainly was an encouraging display but we have to be realistic about it as well, he was beating up the little kids in the playground, not the regular bullies who hold sway in the school.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #13

It was Hawthorn, full stop. There were 7 in front of him when he took one of his marks, I don't care who was on him.

Dat's tha fack jack!!!!!!!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #14
Forgive me if this is wrong, but I thought the fact that he was a blues fan growing up was common knowledge?
He has relations who played for us in 30's, if I recall.
Live Long and Prosper!