Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath) (Read 22880 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath)

Can someone tell me WTF Docherty was doing going across the ground with 1 minute left in the game. I cannot believe that actually happened. We played the way you'd play of you had the lead FFS! WTF.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: RD 21 Carlton vs Geelong (aftermatch aftermath)

Reply #1
That aside with one fit rotation it was a huge effort by the boys. We had a lot of players down, some of Gibbs and Yarran's disposal was shocking and Waite had a stinker. Looking forward to next season with a fit and firing list.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Can someone tell me WTF Docherty was doing going across the ground with 1 minute left in the game. I cannot believe that actually happened. We played the way you'd play of you had the lead FFS! WTF.

Had nothing to kick to Carrots.

The team went into it's shell.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #3
Cost ourselves the game with a really bad turnover with about five minutes to play.

Still good effort.  The ball barracked for Geelong tonight with some very unkind bounces.

Meanwhile must we have one match every so often where we end up without a bench?  It seems to be an annual occurrence.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4

Had nothing to kick to Carrots.

The team went into it's shell.

The commentary team said he had Murphy free but if not I don't know, you just have to bite the bullet and kick it long, it's like the players didn't know how long was left. Fk me that would've been a huge win for the club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #5
Another game and everyone adheres to the script.
Right down to the non-existent free kick which led to the last goal of the game.
Boring!

Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #7
Another game and everyone adheres to the script.
Right down to the non-existent free kick which led to the last goal of the game.
Boring!

That clip is gold - too funny.

Both the Kray brothers are masters of over acting to umpires decisions they don't like.

Reply #8
How much does Mick hate Mark Stevens....??? Just dismisses him as a fool...hilarious :))

Reply #9
This just keeps happening to us. This year it has been like Groundhog Day. 

I could see this happening from the 2nd qtr.  We would get noses in front then lose by a kick. 

Granted we had no bench bur good teams find a way.

I cannot wait for the day that we find way. We have lost too many games by under 2 goals this year.

Any news on injuries.   Ellard, menzel and Thomas?

Reply #10
7  losses under 15 pts... Says it all....

Reply #11
7  losses under 15 pts... Says it all....

Like what?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #12
Let me get my thoughts together...
When the frig is this frigging club going to go to the afl and abuse the umpiring system. How many frigging games do we lose because of those green maggots?
Any 50/50 decision when the heat is on always goes against us. As a club we always cop it on the chin, well frig em, enough is enough.
I mean that fair bump Rowe did on Softwood, WTF?
Time for MM to come out with guns blazing or even this could be the first job of Triggy.
Carlton played well, Geelong played for frees and the umps just umpired friggin crape again. >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #13
We lost that game between the ears, nothing else.

Our players were more tired than the Cats due to losing Menzel, Thomas & Ellard to injury.

The free kick to Christensen was poor but it wasn't the reason why we lost. We just weren't good enough when it really mattered, as usual, at the death.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #14
Let me get my thoughts together...
When the frig is this frigging club going to go to the afl and abuse the umpiring system. How many frigging games do we lose because of those green maggots?
Any 50/50 decision when the heat is on always goes against us. As a club we always cop it on the chin, well frig em, enough is enough.
I mean that fair bump Rowe did on Softwood, WTF?
Time for MM to come out with guns blazing or even this could be the first job of Triggy.
Carlton played well, Geelong played for frees and the umps just umpired friggin crape again. >:(
Thats the problem, I reckon MM goes to em all guns blazing more often than we know. And they react each following week by getting the dirty pineapple and gently inserting it where the sun doesn't shine. I reckon our Club needs to STFU and get on with it. Its like players pointing to the screen asking the umpire to have another look. They never do and never change a decision so why waste the oxygen? Focus on the next passage of play and your immediate opponent.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time