Skip to main content
Topic: Future of the footy forum (Read 43507 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Future of the footy forum

Reply #120
There are a few suggestions for site enhancement.
I doubt anyone would be resistant to changes that make the site more user friendly and increase traffic.
I think it's a case of Spanner finding the time to implement any such changes, so it may take a little bit of time.
If we have a consensus though(no objections or problems with an upgrade) can we say that he has the green light....at his convenience... to proceed with any adjustment that improves access to the site.

Reply #121
I doubt anyone would be resistant to changes that make the site more user friendly and increase traffic.
I think it's a case of Spanner finding the time to implement any such changes, so it may take a little bit of time.
If we have a consensus though(no objections or problems with an upgrade) can we say that he has the green light....at his convenience... to proceed with any adjustment that improves access to the site.

????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #122
????????

????????

:)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #123

Yes, green light from me, and from all of us I'm sure.

Reply #124

Sounds good. :)
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #125

Yes it's fine, the site has to do what the site has to do! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #126

...and traffic to the site will naturally increase once folks have more to talk about, ie when the real stuff starts.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #127
My main access is via laptop or android tablet. Very occasionaly via smartphone but this is very small and cumbersome so only used for quick checks. If there is a way to improve the phone access I would like to see it followed up. As others have said, many people use phones for most of tbeir internet activities nowadays so it's important for us to keep up with this.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #128
Maybe access to one of the forum app readers?
Last time i checked it wasnt available, but that was a while ago.

Reply #129
The Tapatalk app looks like a very straight forward installation. It seems to just be a package installed via the forum admin panel

https://www.tapatalk.com/download_SimpleMachines.php
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #130
I don't visit any other forums at all these days and don't visit this one very much in the off season because I haven't got much to contribute and am not overly keen on pure speculation.

I would not have been able to contribute in the first place if I had not been able to do so anonymously.  Having said that, it was good to catch up with an occasional member from time to time - greetings to Crash plus Mr + Mrs Baggers :)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I expect to get more involved again when the season comes around.

Reply #131
I don't visit any other forums at all these days and don't visit this one very much in the off season because I haven't got much to contribute and am not overly keen on pure speculation.

I would not have been able to contribute in the first place if I had not been able to do so anonymously.  Having said that, it was good to catch up with an occasional member from time to time - greetings to Crash plus Mr + Mrs Baggers :)

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I expect to get more involved again when the season comes around.

Ahh the Nokia approach. Don't change and hopefully the world won't.   ;D

Whilst anonymity is obviously important to some, fixing things up (and in this latest discussion, making it easier to browse on mobile devices) doesn't need to come at a cost of anonymity.
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #132
A mobile friendly version of this site would be awesome, I mostly use my laptop for this site, my phone occasionally when I am away from home.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #133
Up the forums !!!

(well only this one) 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #134
As for less threads....thats because the sheik doesn't come on and post 10 threads a day about stuff that we already have on the site. ;)

He is bloody annoying too.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"