Skip to main content
Topic: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town (Read 19921 times) previous topic - next topic

3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town

Great innings so far from Warner. Morne Morkel really serving it up to Clarke though with some brutal deliveries. Kudos to Clarke though for withstanding the barrage. Expect Morkel shall enjoy some special treatment from Mitch.
IN WADA WE TRUST

3rd Test: South Africa vs Australia at Newlands

Reply #1
Not a bad start at 2 for 178 and Steyn off the field with a crook fetlock.

The batting line up looks better balanced with Watson coming in in the all rounder's no 6 spot.

It's a big gamble bringing in Pattinson for Siddle, particularly with the former's lack of cricket.  Let's hope he can stay on the park, let alone bowl with pace and control.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: 3rd test Australia v South Africa @ Cape Town

Reply #2
2/195 at tea with Steyn off with a Hammy. We are well placed early in the test. :)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
We won't loose this one.

Reply #4
We won't loose this one.

But are we good enough to win it?? That's the $64m question !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #6
We won't loose this one.

But are we good enough to win it?? That's the $64m question !!

The Bats look like they'll do their bit so it's up to our attack to prove that this pitch is a bowlers dream.

The fact that the bats could do their bit though, probably means it is far from a bowler's dream.

Reply #7
if we make 475, 500+ we'll win.

Runs on the board count for a lot psychologically.....?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #8
I wonder if the Poms watched Clarke last night? That is how you play, fierce, fast and chin high bowling, get behind the ball, drop your gloves and wear one for the team. Clarke skyrocketed in my eyes last night, this was almost a legendary innings. He just needs to convert it into a century and we need to win the test then the innings will go into folklore.

On the flip side how good was Morkel? Some of those ball were deadly, accurate and damn fast. Lets get a world side together, Morkel on at one end and Johnson at the other with the Indian cricket team batting at the WACA.  >:D

Reply #9
Excellent response. Boof is straightening up this bunch. Bet he read them the riot act after the soft effort from the batsmen in the last game.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
I reckon M Clarke is about 8 runs and a match victory away from blowing the top off the 'Man Love' register!!!

This effort is everything you look for in a leader and more!

Reply #11
Warner, Clarke and Smith have helped Australia set this innings up. 4 for 434 is not a bad score at all. I wonder when we will declare and get at the Saffies as they did to Clarke. They better expect some return for their efforts.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #12
Could be some rain on the way. I hope they bat all day, no reason to declare yet.

Reply #13
Raining now and it's said to be continuing for up to two hours.  The Skipper may have to think about a declaration.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Raining now and it's said to be continuing for up to two hours.  The Skipper may have to think about a declaration.

We only need to draw to move to #2 in the test rankings so if I was Clarke I'd keep going.
IN WADA WE TRUST