Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday (Read 31429 times) previous topic - next topic

Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday

Hmmm. We seem pretty good at sorting out the pretenders from the real contenders. We can finish no higher than 13th, no lower than 14th. I reckon Port better start worrying.
Our only issue is whether or not we are going to manage to get 22 fit guys out there!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide in Adelaide on Friday

Reply #1
Port won today in the wet, I'm hoping the rain has taken a heck of a lot out of their legs and they'll be a bit flat next week !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #2
Hmmm. We seem pretty good at sorting out the pretenders from the real contenders. We can finish no higher than 13th, no lower than 14th. I reckon Port better start worrying.
Our only issue is whether or not we are going to manage to get 22 fit guys out there!

If we have the fit 22 we win IMO. Look out Scum round 23!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3

Jeffy would be a monty to get a recall after today's effort for the NBs... Cripps a chance as well. Like to see Byrne get a game before the year is out. Johnson would be a chance as well.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
Cripps in and try him in one of the key positions. He's tall enough and seen him take contested pack grabs forward in the VFL. Be good when it hits the deck too. Worth a go at this time of the year.

Reply #5
I'm with Laj, put Cripps in the seniors for the last two games and he'll know what he needs to do in the off season.
I'd be playing Garlett and Lucas as well, have one last look at Lucas before we cut him loose.
We could play Watson ahead of White too, same reason as Lucas and White's mediocre anyway.
Can't see us winning, too many good players missing.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #6
Will be hard for s to win given the outs, but if we play like we have over last few weeks not without a chance

Reply #7
Will be hard for s to win given the outs, but if we play like we have over last few weeks not without a chance

I'm more worried about the ins   ie Watson if he plays ...lets hope he doesnt play down back if he does come into the team...we will get beat by 10 goals if that happens.
Rather see Cripps, Holman in and maybe Garlett for Ellard......

Reply #8
Given our injuries, we will not start favourites in either of our last 2 games. That said, we are a good chance because we look to be good at separating true contenders from pretenders. We ARE playing as well as anyone in the competition at the moment.
However, there are some scenarios:
[1] We win both game. We remain 13th, as the Weagles are 2 game in front of up and have a huge percentage.
I don't think it is very likely, but it would be nice to put Port and Essendon in their place.

[2] We win 1 game. We remain 13th unless either Brisbane or the Bulldogs win both. Not a very likely scenario. Brisbane take on Freo and Geelong, the Bulldogs take on Sydney and the Giants. The Dogs will probably win one game, which would leave us in 13th spot.

[3] We win 0 games: the most likely alternative. We stay in 13th place unless Brisbane or Western Bulldogs win 1 game. Now the Dogs should beat the Giants. If that happens, we go to 14th and get a better pick.

So, we have the opportunity to get some wins with no penalty. I like that idea.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9

I'm more worried about the ins   ie Watson if he plays ...lets hope he doesnt play down back if he does come into the team...we will get beat by 10 goals if that happens.

The basics of the side are still there with still the odd one or two ins still that can be useful. Reckon we're still a good chance.

Reply #10
Cripps is a no brainer.
Garlett, well he has to doesn't he?
Johnson as well, I like what I see an he needs more games.

Special K as an absolute very late in, just to through a curly one for the oppo match ups ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #11
Port are at an uncertain stage in their "renaissance" - definitely some doubt creeping into the players ,minds, and not in great form.

Ellard and Thomas are not major outs in and of themselves, but whether we have the personnel to cover them is another matter.

Menz on the other hand is a blow.

We've been in good form recently and I reckon the boys will want to finish the year well and take that form into the pre season.

Blues by 10 points.

Reply #12
This game will be our first draw for a long time. Their form is off but they have less injury issues than we do. We However look to have more fight in the belly and more tank when it counts. Could be the best game in terms of close combat than we have had so far.

Port by a point in a kick after the siren. Only because the umpires find stupid free kicks against us in the last few minutes of the game, and in almost every game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
Cripps in and try him in one of the key positions. He's tall enough and seen him take contested pack grabs forward in the VFL. Be good when it hits the deck too. Worth a go at this time of the year.

From what I have seen thus far, Cripps is not quite a key position player... nor on-baller. I reckon it it's too early. Maybe it is just simply he's learning about his growing bod and what he is capable of.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14

Be nice to see whether Watson can translate NB form up forward into AFL level.