Skip to main content
Topic: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering (Read 57965 times) previous topic - next topic

2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

My God, did we play poorly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2015 Rd2 Carlton vs West Coast Post Match Pain & Suffering

Reply #1
Hmmm..I'll just post what I said last week...

1. We picked too many one paced players. We need to get Buckley, Boekhorst and Graham in. They are the future. The fact that a slow, dithering Carrots gets a game means that we are not building a side at all. He is past it. Has he ever kicked the ball within 5 seconds of receiving it and allowing the opposition to get set up? Graham needs the game time. As does Buckley.
2. Lack of Character in the playing group. I get the feeling that if we are 0-3 or worse and we are no chance of getting inside the 8, which you can pretty much lock in, that we'll get a new coach and begin a true 3-5 year rebuild. Malthouse has cleared out a lot of dead wood, I'll give him that. But I tell you what, young Boekhorst better be some player or that round 1 selection looks horrendous. Was he not played due to injury? Simply put, I'll repeat what I and others have said time and time again: Play on performance, not on seniority. If you don't play well, hello Northern Blues. ANY PLAYER. 0 Exception. That will instill some spirit and desire.
3. Malthouse needs to go. I want a rebuild, with a new coach. Get Clarkson and sign him up and let him who whatever the hell he wants. He has proven that he gets results. Can you imagine the players not performing under him. You'd soil yourself from his dressing down. Then again, the results would instill loyalty. It's time to go shopping for a new, innovative coach, who is giving a mandate to rebuild. It's up to the President and CEO to make that call and realise that we are more likely to get back to the club we were by starting fresh that we are dithering around the edges. Look at the Doggies...4-5 new kids make some difference. They are good to watch too.
4. Henderson needs to go back permanently and we need to bring back the Bolt. Hendo, as much as he wants to, is not a leading Forward...but he is bloody good in the backline. We all know it. We also need to pray for young Giles to get well..I fear that Jammo is getting to the stage where only has 1 or 2 years left. His glass shoulders don't help either.
5. I want the kids played. Literally. Stuff the senior players. Shame them. You don't play for yourself. You play for a club. You play for me and everyone on this Forum, you play for every poor bugger out there working on $15 an hour shoveling crap, every Kid, every Grandparent, every single one who has a piece of Carlton in them. Remind them of that. Buckley, Watson, Cripps, Graham, Boekhorst, Tutt, Whiley. Pump games into them. What is the point of maybe winning games with players who will not be around when next we challenge..what's the point..? None. 
6. Murphy needs to be stripped of the Captaincy. It sends a GOOD message. not a bad one. It shakes things up. He simply is not the man for the job. Don't kid yourself that things will improve with him as a pretender. Potential Captains? Only 2 of them. And no, Simmo and Carrots are not the future. So no to them.
Henderson - as CHB. Natural leader, who is also articulate in front of the camera. Also good way to retain him without selling the Ranch.
White consistently performs to his absolute potential, follows instructions and most importantly - will not step back. I like that. In fact I love that he does that. Saw him give it to Martin last night. Cheered me up.
Cripps - As a special mention. Maybe, just maybe in a couple years he will be a bonafide leader. For now, leave him be to learn as much as he can.

It has come to the stage already that I cannot see a silver lining with Malthouse and Murphy leading. We need both gone and Trigg to hire a truly inspirational new Coach with a mandate to start fresh. Trade Kreuzer, Walker, Gibbs, Murphy...do it. Do it this year. Get as many 1st and 2nd round picks and get those Mids and true Key Forward. Just don't trade Hendo nor Menzel unless its for a true Key Forward or Bontempelli like Mid. That is where we are hurting the most. The amount of times they bombed it in from the second quarter...I knew we'd loose. No plan, no inspiration on or off the field. No character. Time for Trigg to have a quiet word with replacement coaches and tell SoS to start writing his shopping list up.
Keep the Faith

Reply #2
My God, did we play poorly.

Possibly the worst game we have played since the game that got Pagan sacked. WC had no backline and an ordinary midfield FFS and we were absolutely awful against that.

Reply #3
OK guys, play nicely. There is plenty of misery to be had without person attacks. It was getting a tad heated back there. Time to settle a bit before you vent. God knows we need a damn good venting.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
No youth is a bit harsh.

You can add in No senior players and no middle tier players as well. ;)

We need to drop anyone in the midfield who is incapable of applying pressure when we don't have the ball.
That would account for about half of JKs goals right there.

We have traded picks to add players to the Murph/Gibbs age bracket.   Bulldogs and Demons have more bottom age talent.   It's looks very bleak.

Reply #5
What a lovely evening, it was great to see our boys out there. I love the way they go about the game, so freely, so much invention, so innovative. Fast ball movement, creation of space, excellent use of subs and perfect match day planning. Tactical genius, effort, hardness at the ball, skills, marking, decision making.

We have it all!

It's hard to imagine us being beaten! ;)

We'll have 80,000 members before the mid-season break!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
i d like to turn the spotlight on Andrew Mckay for the minute.
He's the head of football at this club.
should he be or is he the head of recruitment for external skills coaches?

What the FK does Andrew Mckay do?

Reply #7
We are rock bottom after that display. the CFC is officially in crisis - or should be. Our guys are so mentally fragile now I'd be surprised if we won a game this year, indeed to paraphrase "I can't see us winning a game all year!"
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
I'll repeat my last statement on the other thread here.

I have once again to pay my membership by a complete load of cr@p sent out by the club.
Spirit? What Spirit?

Bullshiiite on bullshiiite.

This mob are a rabble.

And we are staring down another 5/0 loss start.

mick couldn't see us losing a game, I can't see us winning one.

Reply #9
Just appalling but I have seen worse - a lot worse. Can't see it getting better next week though.

Reply #10
So many players out of form. I am sick of people spruking Troy Menzel. Has shown nothing for a long time
Eat more chooks

Reply #11
Might as well just use Shadesy's post match summary that he wrote at 1.00 this afternoon ::)

We looked really good for the first 45 minutes, skipping away to a 24 point lead early in the second. The Midfield were on top early, and defensive pressure was good. However Carrazzo took a knock early and had to go off and Smith came on as Sub early again. We missed some really easy shots on goal. Should of been more up. Levi was a good presecene but 0 goals 2 and 1 out on the full is not good enough.

Priddis started to win the hitout advantages and racked them up, the umpires got involved and the eagles kicked 4 in a row to take a small lead into half time. Liam Duggan on Debut finished with 25 possessions and 2 goals.

They kicked the first 2 in the third, and our plans were thrown out, our mids started to not chase, and our Defence was all over the place, missing targets and giving to much easy ball from the midfield. Murphy and Gibbs started trying to get easy kicks and Judd was manhandled at every contest. When we won the ball we chipped it around slowly, trying to pierce the zone, but our skills were not good enough in the wet conditions.

Henderson and Jones gave no forward presence and the ball rebounded easily from our front half, where they cut us up through the middle.

White and Rowe kicked some late goals, but we ran out of puff to lose by 23 points.

Malthouse told the media the Eagles are a very good football side and we need to stick to our structures better, and he is not concerned about his job.

Blokes fly home that night and get on Twitter and Instagram to say they will try harder next week.
There's my report, I can just sit back an drink now?

Reply #12
Before anyone starts regurgitating the same cliches from the in-game thread....

Josh Kennedy: "Our guys in the middle showed dominance and made it easy for us."
"Our boys in the middle who were delivering the footy were on and made it so much easier for us."
"They dropped a few back, but i think it was our transistion and the way we moved the footy, it worked well."

Yes, we did drop numbers back
Yes, it was because we had little or no midfield pressure that made the forwards job easy.
So no, it was not Jamos fault.

That takes care of about 1/4 of the complaints people had.

Reply #13
Wow.....

We're bad. Real bad.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #14
MM has seriously screwed this club to the extent that we are now in the framework of wooden spoon contenders.
IN WADA WE TRUST