Skip to main content
Topic: 2015... Now what?  (Read 11260 times) previous topic - next topic

2015... Now what?

Mick's gone and that must change the equation. I'm interested in what folks think will be a good result for 2015 from here on in.

I'm thinking game time for the younger brigade, reduce the floggings and back to basics footy (tackles, pressure).

I doubt we'll win too many games.

Re: 2015... Now what?

Reply #1
Mick's gone and that must change the equation. I'm interested in what folks think will be a good result for 2015 from here on in.

I'm thinking game time for the younger brigade, reduce the floggings and back to basics footy (tackles, pressure).

I doubt we'll win too many games.

Focus has to be on developing the younger talent and playing everyone else in their best roles afap, e.g. Hendo at CHB. I think either Trigg or The Judge stressed that yesterday.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
For me a good result would be winning around 40-50% of games (injury permitting) but I would be happy to pick the odd win up and stop the blowouts whilst playing the kids ie no more Ellard, Armfield, Rowe.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Focusing solely on wins / losses, I would like wins against the bottom 4 teams (we are of course part of this group), a couple of wins against teams 9-14, hard fought honorable losses against teams 4-8, and hopefully being somewhere out of radio/tv/internet reach when we play teams 1-4. Pie in the sky stuff I know. Keeping standards high is a daily challenge.

Reply #4
Promote some rookies, play the kids and experiment with players in different roles/positions...saves the new coach from having to muck around trying the same stuff when he starts..

I'd expect more beltings 2-4 wins for the season maybe....

End of season I'd sack Webster, dissolve the NB's partnership and get a standalone VFL team going with a new coach who can develop players rather than
hinder their growth...

Reply #5
Let the talent shine through.

Lets see who can play, remove the restrictions and let these young men enjoy playing football again. Regain their freedom and their confidence. We will take some beatings, but we are already.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #6
I want pick 1. 

Reply #8
Please God, no more tanking.

Reply #9
Ditto....I forget to mention "Tanking"

We are not tanking, but we've just made Barker coach.

That tells you something! ;)

The Weitering Cup anyone?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #10
We are not tanking, but we've just made Barker coach.

That tells you something! ;)

The Weitering Cup anyone?

I'm tipping the 2 x top ten picks for the No 1 pick deal if we land the 1st pick....

Reply #11
I'm tipping the 2 x top ten picks for the No 1 pick deal if we land the 1st pick....

That will rely on a club getting an extra pick.  Needs to be a 3 way deal. 

We go down that path then we will have no hope of Snagging Weltering as he will go Number 1. 

We need a KPP to replace Jammo and Rowe not exactly setting world on fire. 

We have 2 or 3 yrs down the bottom end.  I reckon we try that 2 for 1 next year. 

Reply #12

SOS wasn't impressed with the pick 7 shenanigans last year - not sure that he likes those deals

Reply #13
SOS wasn't impressed with the pick 7 shenanigans last year - not sure that he likes those deals

GWS offered Saints 4 and 7 for pick 1....I presume SOS was behind that deal with Greame Allan

Reply #14
first is to win some games of football,win some respect back.