Skip to main content
Topic: RIP Sir Christopher Lee (Read 4249 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Reply #1
An on screen great has passed. RIP.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
RIP. I never knew this and he was a favourite for me many years ago. Best wishes to his family.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #3
What do you mean "awful" old time horror movies?  Some of those movies were chilling with their implied violence and that b & w noir.

Lee's delivery of lines was pitch perfect; You are a worthy opponent Master Kenobi, more than I can say for your apprentice.   ...and that we cannot allow.

Condolences to Mr Lee's family, an on-screen great.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
I'm a huge horror movie fan. Christopher Lee was the ultimate bad guy. He has played Dracula and Frankensteins monster as well as just your 'normal' bad guy in something like the wicker man. Has become more famous by his recent work in some big franchises like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, as well as being a Bond baddie.

Made a good life out of being a great bad guy.

RIP Sir Christopher Lee.

Reply #5
His "horror" voice was a marvel.

So few distinctive voices in movies now. Growing up you had Cushing, Vincent Price (the best IMO) , James Mason, Richard Burton. Their voices had a timbre all of their own.

Now all voices are non-descript, you may recognise them, but they have no presence.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6
I'm a huge horror movie fan. Christopher Lee was the ultimate bad guy. He has played Dracula and Frankensteins monster as well as just your 'normal' bad guy in something like the wicker man. Has become more famous by his recent work in some big franchises like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, as well as being a Bond baddie.

Made a good life out of being a great bad guy.

RIP Sir Christopher Lee.

We cant agree on recruiters but on Christopher Lee you have nailed it, like you I love a good horror film and CL was your Dracula elite and had a natural aptitude/look  for playing the bad guy in
other genre as well...93 is a good innings and he provided plenty of entertainment along the way.

BTW he did star in some woefully scripted  Drac films including one with Denis Waterman of " minder" fame....its was a real Barry Crocker but I cant remember its name.. ;D

Reply #7
We cant agree on recruiters but on Christopher Lee you have nailed it, like you I love a good horror film and CL was your Dracula elite and had a natural aptitude/look  for playing the bad guy in
other genre as well...93 is a good innings and he provided plenty of entertainment along the way.

BTW he did star in some woefully scripted  Drac films including one with Denis Waterman of " minder" fame....its was a real Barry Crocker but I cant remember its name.. ;D

Scars of Dracula, a Hammer movie.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #8
Scars of Dracula, a Hammer movie.

Ta Cookie....he ends up melting away on some castle balcony before falling over a steep ledge from memory....that was an hour plus
of my life wasted... ;)

Reply #9
Not a bad innings.

He certainly provided some entertainment even if some of the roles and plots were rubbish.  Probably the archetypical horror movie villain for me until 'Flesh for Frankenstein' and 'Blood for Dracula' changed my appreciation of horror movies.

RIP Christopher Lee.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball