Skip to main content
Topic: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter (Read 32299 times) previous topic - next topic

R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter

Saturday, 5 September
16:40@MCG (away)

Last game of the year. Hawks have nothing to gain as their percentage is far superior to Sydney.

If Brisbane beat the bulldogs we're last anyway.

So nothing game but hawks would like to get a good run into finals

Re: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton

Reply #1
Hawks have nothing to gain.
Will play in Perth 1st week of the Finals,as Eagles won't lose to Saints at Subi.
Reckon they ll rest a few, and only do us by a lazy 75-80 points

Reply #2
Hawks will want to win in case the Saints pull off a miracle later that night and they end up 2nd with a home final.

Reply #3
The win is in the bag.
It's just a matter of whether they ll completely spiflicate us like last time, or just cruise through while resting a lot of the sued. 

Reply #4
Yarran, Docherty, Ellard and Buckley suspect with injuries. Missing Judd, Gibbs, Murphy, Armfield, Henderson, Thomas and the list just keeps growing. We could get smashed by the biggest margin we have ever seen. Clarko is just likely to set a strong team to make this happen. We stole their assistant coach. Revenge could be what he goes after with us. Rough guess, we should be happy if we lose by less than 120 points.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #5
Clarko was the man who flooded our forward line to keep fev from scoring 100 goals when the game was over. Expect no mercy. Just whether they rest players

Reply #6
Clarko was the man who flooded our forward line to keep fev from scoring 100 goals when the game was over. Expect no mercy. Just whether they rest players

From memory I think it was Hodge after the match who said the rate that Fev was kicking them they were actually worried about him stealing Buddy's Coleman medal.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #7
R23, NBs v Hawthorn. Gulp!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
Hawthorn would be worried about this game.
They wouldn't want any injuries going into the finals.

Reply #9
I was looking forward to this game to see how things have changed since lastttime, but there will be such huge changess in personnel it will be meaningless.

Anybody know the severity of bucks' knee?

Good opportunity for boekhiorst to learn from a quality outside runner.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #10
With Bucks, Doc and Ellard now ou,t will we even be able to field a senior team ?
Might need to get Skinny Lappin to fly down and make a comeback like he did last week for the Suns reserves side lo. The way we re going, he d still probably end up being our best player lol

Reply #11
Looks like I'll be missing my 2nd Carlton game played in Melbourne for the past 25 years.....out of choice. What normal human being would get any satisfaction whatsoever out of watching this 'contest'? The prospect of watching this game makes me feel nauseous ;)
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Re: R23 Hawthorn v Carlton: Pregame Chatter

Reply #12
I'd like to see Holman this week.

Boekhorst reminds me of a young Simon Tregenza... maybe chasing Hartung and Brad Hill and Smith around for a game might give him a clue where he needs to be at for next year.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
the funny thing is, we're going to go "hard"
they will go soft - bigger fish to fry
...and they;ll still win by 15 goals

Reply #14
Barely 22 left to field a team. 100 point thrashing is on the cards.

Docherty going for an operation.

Anyway, as long as no one else gets seriously injured and is able to put in a full pre-season, I'll be happy.

This year is a write off. New brooms in Bolton and SOS in to try and resurrect the joint.

Let's see how the trade period goes.

Curnows signed for another two years. A very limited player with shocking disposal skills especially by foot.

Oh well. ::) ::)