Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb (Read 71143 times) previous topic - next topic

NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

With game 1 done and dusted and a LOT of discussion still proceeding from our last contest, I have already started looking forward to our next game: Carlton vs. the Drug Cheats. This game is set for Sunday 28th Feb (the day after my Birthday! :) ) at 1405 at Carlton!
I am really looking forward to seeing more of our new chums in action: Weitering missed because of a minor ankle ailment, so he should be available, as should Walker. McKay and Cunningham must be in the mix as well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Essendon Sunday 28th Feb

Reply #1
It will be my first game at Princes Park since we played Brisbane there.

It should be a good day, particularly if more of our new blokes get a run.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
I hope we go out full throttle and smash this mob ( but I hope our coaching staff have a more measured perspective on the outcomes we are hoping to achieve!!)

Reply #3
I hope we go out full throttle and smash this mob ( but I hope our coaching staff have a more measured perspective on the outcomes we are hoping to achieve!!)

The focus will no doubt be firmly on preparation of the guys for the real stuff. If we can win as well then all to the good but it won't be a case of "win at all costs".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
The focus will no doubt be firmly on preparation of the guys for the real stuff. If we can win as well then all to the good but it won't be a case of "win at all costs".

True cookie.

Wouldn't surprise me if BB doesn't even look at the scoreboard .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #5

It wouldn't surprise me if Trigg has a quiet word in Boltons ear that a win at Ikon Park vs the Bombers would do the membership dept a world of good. I'm not suggesting 'win at all costs' but we wouldn't want to lose either.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #6
It wouldn't surprise me if Trigg has a quiet word in Boltons ear that a win at Ikon Park vs the Bombers would do the membership dept a world of good. I'm not suggesting 'win at all costs' but we wouldn't want to lose either.

Trigg may just do that Amers, and I would understand completely if he did.  However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Bolton wouldn't really give a fat rat's clacker for anything that deviated from his plans.

Of course, I'm hoping that his plans include pounding the Bombers into the Princes Park turf  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
If the long range forecast is correct I doubt they will flog any players, could be in the 30s Sunday afternoon.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
There is obviously a god and a nice one at that, having us playing the drug cheats so early and at Princes Park. Pity I'll be away chasing marlin. Have a happy birthday Crash.

Reply #9
Trigg may just do that Amers, and I would understand completely if he did.  However, I have a sneaking suspicion that Bolton wouldn't really give a fat rat's clacker for anything that deviated from his plans.

Of course, I'm hoping that his plans include pounding the Bombers into the Princes Park turf  :)

Or Bolton might just be a smart enough bloke to be able to compromise and put up a good enough side to win comfortably and still not deviate too far from the bigger picture re his preparations for season proper!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #10
Or Bolton might just be a smart enough bloke to be able to compromise and put up a good enough side to win comfortably and still not deviate too far from the bigger picture re his preparations for season proper!

I guess that pounding the Bummers into the turf could be an integral part of BB's plans for the players' preparation?  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
I get the feeling it will be the same as the Dawks game, except roles reversed. They will come out swinging and going hard to please whereas we will have a more measured approach to the game.
 Understanding the lack of rotations and the need to see the game out and also the boys would understand BB's game plan better 2nd time around wil see us run over the top of them.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #12
I'm with you cookie, we need to step it up
taking advantage of a weakened team is another character trait that top team have and we need to find

Reply #13
The filthy scum will take more rotations than Hawks did in hope they can over run us. Will be like winning a flag for them if they beat us at princes park. God I hope not especially at pp.

Reply #14
Loosing to the scum at any time is simply unacceptable.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?