Skip to main content
Topic: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game (Read 52058 times) previous topic - next topic

R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game

Saturday 24/8/13 MCG 7.40pm

So are we any chance?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game

Reply #1
If the same Carlton rocks up, absolutely! Essendon look done, North didn't get out of second gear.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Just looking at the ladder, it's all in our hands. Win the next two games and we are in the finals!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
Just looking at the ladder, it's all in our hands. Win the next two games and we are in the finals!
Not quite, freo need to beat port for us. Port are 2 games clear of us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #5
Essendon are headed to court and will makes things last for as long as possible. No, if we make it, then we need to do our bit.

In many ways, Essendon's behavior may not help us this year, but could be a God send for the next couple. If there list were to improve, as reasonable assumption, then they would be closer to a premiership in 2014 than this year. Let them lose their point next time around: it will hurt them worse.

The big question is: which Carlton will turn up? If it is the one that surrendered to the Dogs, then we deserve what we get. if it is the one that beat Richmond, then we may actually deserve to be in the finals (something I could simply not believe a few weeks ago).
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6

Not unless VLAD sinks one 25 m directly infront
Hird on the mark

Looking at the size of Vlad, he wouldn't make the distance
 ;D

Reply #7

Not unless VLAD sinks one 25 m directly infront
Hird on the mark

Looking at the size of Vlad, he wouldn't make the distance
 ;D
Forget the Scum being kicked out of finals, the lawyers will keep them in. There tainted participation will be argued later in the year. We got our part to play the next two weeks, if Port beats Freo its over.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #8
The Bummers will likely play finals as things look atm, unfortunately. Fortunately though they probably won't be going far, especially if they have to play an Elim.

As far as next week is concerned, I'm optimistic we can beat them after the Tigers game and I'm tossing up whether or not to go as I have a ticket. The Bummers could be dangerous IMO, in the same way as a cornered rat can be vicious, so it could be a tough one, especially since it's us! I think their ferals will be right behind them for that reason - they would love to put us out of finals contention even if they get slung out.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #9
The Bummers will likely play finals as things look atm, unfortunately. Fortunately though they probably won't be going far, especially if they have to play an Elim.

As far as next week is concerned, I'm optimistic we can beat them after the Tigers game and I'm tossing up whether or not to go as I have a ticket. The Bummers could be dangerous IMO, in the same way as a cornered rat can be vicious, so it could be a tough one, especially since it's us! I think their ferals will be right behind them for that reason - they would love to put us out of finals contention even if they get slung out.
Agree Cookie, this game is an opportunity for us to:
1. Put the foot firmly on the throat of a wounded animal OR
2. Go into a game fat headed thinking its won before its started and get rolled.

If the team that played the WB turns up, it 2 above.
If the team that played Rich for the 3 qtrs turns up, its 1 above.
Its that simple.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10

Yeah whoops was just assuming that would happen (which it should).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
Saturday night is gonna be huge, we play at the same time as Port lol.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #12
For me Bell and Robbo need to play and Robbo must be allowed to play like he played on the weekend.  Bell may be limited but splitting packs in half and doing what he did to Cotchin is invaluable also I believe that it alters the mindset of opposition teams

Reply #13
For me Bell and Robbo need to play and Robbo must be allowed to play like he played on the weekend.  Bell may be limited but splitting packs in half and doing what he did to Cotchin is invaluable also I believe that it alters the mindset of opposition teams

Those two and Casboult are the keys to Carlton getting some respect back over the next few years.
Hopefully they can all be coached and developed into very good players.

Reply #14
If we win and Port lose, then we get to play for our season the following week. To a certain extent, our season is in our own hands and if we are good enough we will get to play finals.