Skip to main content
Topic: My favourite thing- Round 4 (Read 6283 times) previous topic - next topic

My favourite thing- Round 4

Not a post match thread

Just pick one aspect, one piece of play, one player each week.

For me this week it's Lachie Plowman.
Maybe not the greatest ever Carlton debut but he played a bit on the dangerous Stringer and featured in the Carlton bests.

Great debut in the Navy Blue :D

Re: My favourite thing- Round 4

Reply #1
For me it's Charlie Curnow's 60m bullet pass inside 50m that resulted in a goal. Kid is so exciting.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
For me it was the C.Curnow mark against two opponents, strong hands for a 3 gamer. I think it might of lead to the pass

Reply #3
Our favourite things each week will be the same Weitering and C.Curnow.

Reply #4
We got a glimpse of our future core, well at least a part of it, with Weitering, C. Curnow, Cripps, Plowman. It's exciting.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
In the spirit of celebrating our debutants - loved Sumners grunt, chase, and couple of goals.  Plowman was, as many have said, super in his first senior game after return from injury. He made it look like nullifying Stringer was all in  a first game back.... Perhaps we have our own Package....

Welcome boys (thanks SOS - recruiting tick)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
In the spirit of celebrating our debutants - loved Sumner's grunt, chase, and couple of goals.

His chases had the intensity that has so often been lacking with others (e.g Gibbs, Yarran) and his physical pressure (rather than vague proximity) contributed to turnovers.

Reply #9
And Harry McKay later on too.

Real shame Harry copped that injury. He'd be playing right now you'd think.

CC was outstanding. Great size. A lot to like in his 3rd game.

Reply #10
Sumners mark where he got taken out and then the reaction of our players........bravery and team spirit..we dont get much of that so I will saviour that bit of play..
Really like Sumner and Plowmans debut for the club and it gives us players we can get enthused about....

Reply #11
Sumners mark where he got taken out and then the reaction of our players........bravery and team spirit..we dont get much of that so I will saviour that bit of play..
Really like Sumner and Plowmans debut for the club and it gives us players we can get enthused about....

It will come together one day. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but it will happen.

Reply #12
Just the young guys not giving up despite no leadership from our senior group.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
How our players responded to the hit on Sumner, Sumner calmly slotting the goal and his post-game comments about the players' response.

As Bolton said, "The future is strong at our footy club."

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
The way we get around players when they kick their debut goal.

We weren't good at it before.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson