Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW awards (Read 5165 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW awards

Reply #15
Why the umpiring hate, or at least a lack of love, for Bri Davey?

Often the media awards closely follow the official awards even if there are slight differences, but in this case Davey isn't even close!

Does she sledge the umpires?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Why the umpiring hate, or at least a lack of love, for Bri Davey?

Often the media awards closely follow the official awards even if there are slight differences, but in this case Davey isn't even close!

Does she sledge the umpires?

She's a defender.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
She's a defender.

The only time Bri was properly stuck in defense was at each center bounce, after that she was pretty much everywhere on the ground!

Head to Head I thought Bri smashed Phillips and the other Adelaide guns.

There is a lot of politically incorrect assertions I could make about potential reasons behind this voting pattern, but I'll just say discrimination is discrimination whether it's labeled positive or negative.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Her major problem is, that she played too consistently well, and needed to have one bad game in order to get the full attention she deserved.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #19
Erin spoke at some length about her family when interviewed by Charlie Pickering.  In the following days there was some discussion about how Erin's openness and the apparent ready public acceptance of her situation may make it easier for blokes to come out.

As Woody Allen said - there are many different kinds of love. There's the love between a man and a woman, the love a mother has for her children, etc., and let's not forget my favourite kind of love - the love between two women  ;D

Mods - delete at will.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #20
The only time Bri was properly stuck in defense was at each center bounce, after that she was pretty much everywhere on the ground!

Head to Head I thought Bri smashed Phillips and the other Adelaide guns.

There is a lot of politically incorrect assertions I could make about potential reasons behind this voting pattern, but I'll just say discrimination is discrimination whether it's labeled positive or negative.

Bri spent 90% of her time back of centre. She was named at CHB in the all-australian team.
She is a defender.
....which means that every mark she takes in defence is put down to a poor kick by the opposition players, rather than elite reading of the play by her.

Not sure when the club B+F is, but i'd expect her to take that out.