Skip to main content
Topic: Goaltracker (Read 52722 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Goaltracker

Reply #15
We won in rd 5 last year but we only kicked the 10. Some junk time goals might make these stats look better but won't tell the true story.

This is when we started going on our run last year.

Reply #16
After round 5

Goals 44 behinds 52
Percentage 67.1% (For 316 Against 471)

Goals 48 Behinds 51
Percentage 67.1% (For 339 Against 505)

Goalkickers

Casboult 9
Silvagni 6
Wright 6

Reply #17
After round 6

Goals 54 Behinds 64
Percentage 73.5 %

Goals 63 Behinds 58
Percentage 74.8 % 

Goalkickers

Casboult 11
Wright 10
Silvagni 6

Reply #18
Thanks for keeping a running tally lods. Much appreciated.

At this point, Cas tracking at just under 2 goals per game. Keep it up matey, hope to see you kick 40 by the end of the season.

Is it possible, please God, that Cas has finally turned the corner re goal kicking ?

Now we just need to work on his tackling.

Reply #19
When I estimated our score for the season, I made the mistake of assuming that the increase over last season would be a simple arithmetic progression.  It looks like a geometric progression at this stage and >300 goals is a possibility :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
When I estimated our score for the season, I made the mistake of assuming that the increase over last season would be a simple arithmetic progression.  It looks like a geometric progression at this stage and >300 goals is a possibility :)

I'd just love Casboult to kick 10 against the Dawks in Rnd 22, despite the best backline stacking wall punching umpire sledging efforts of The Angry Ant to prevent it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
I'd just love Casboult to kick 10 against the Dawks in Rnd 22, despite the best backline stacking wall punching umpire sledging efforts of The Angry Ant to prevent it!

I reckon Meat will have a breakout game this season and I'm hoping it will before round 22.  However, a ten goal reprise against the Hawks would be nice  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
After round 7

Goals 69 Behinds 73
Percentage 79.6 %

Goals 75 Behinds 65
Percentage 80.6 %

Goalkickers (Target 2016- Wright 22)

Casboult 13
Wright 12
Weitering 6
Silvagni 6

Reply #23
After round 8

Goals 83 Behinds 82-580 (points against 703)
Percentage 82.5 %

Goals 85 Behinds 71-581 (points against 724)
Percentage 80.3 %

Casboult 13
Wright 12
Silvagni 8
Weitering 7

Where we're at Round 8
-After 8 rounds we're only one point ahead of our 2016 points total
-Despite the perception of a much improved defence we've actually had more points scored against us to this stage.
-No goals for Casboult or Wright for the weekend.

Reply #24
Rise of the youngsters Jack and Charlie charging towards 25 goals for this year

Reply #25
After round 9

Goals 89 Behinds 92-626 (points against 816)
Percentage 76.7 %

Goals 92 Behinds 80-632 (points against 810)
Percentage 78 %

Casboult 15
Wright 12
Silvagni 8
Weitering 7

Reply #26
Silvagni would be about 20 by now if he could kick straight... 3 on Sunday down the gurgler.

Sav get to work.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #27
If this list ticks over any slower it'll be going backwards!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
If this list ticks over any slower it'll be going backwards!

Exactly my reaction too, Spotted One. This is not really keeping pace with the natural progression that you'd reasonably expect. At this rate our desire to recruit a marquis player will not be realised as no-one will want to come to the good ship CFC... when others around us are progressing faster, offering finals footy sooner and are also cashed up.

On a positive note, when I watched last Sunday's game again the overwhelming sense was that we're not far off.... but... we still lack a ruthless streak and there will be no evidence of that until we actually belt a side, win  by 50 pts plus. These boys need a big win.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #29
The thing I'm finding difficult to understand is the "impression" or "reality" that we have abandoned the forward line.
There appears (to me) to be no attempt at all to shake it up.
It's basically the same week after week....and showing no sign of progressing.
None of the forwards from the VFL are getting a run.
None of the guys playing back are being given an opportunity up forward.

Why not swap Weitering for Marchbank in the forward line for a game.
Give Plowman, Macreadie, Williamson...even Alex Silvagni (to shake it up)a run up forward.