Skip to main content
Topic: Congratulations Brianna Davey: inaugural B&F winner (Read 5914 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Congratulations Brianna Davey: inaugural B&F winner

Reply #15
Essentially the club will opt to keep/re-sign a select group of players and i cannot imagine that Vescio wouldn't make the cut. Especially considering she works at the club and is basically the face of the AFLW team.

I thought Marquee players were basically guaranteed to be re-signed, Davey, Vescio and Jakobsonn are ours aren't they?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
I thought Marquee players were basically guaranteed to be re-signed, Davey, Vescio and Jakobsonn are ours aren't they?

Davey, Vescio and Arnell.

Not guaranteed to be signed exactly. They will be out of contract like everyone else. However, given the amount of players that you are ABLE to re-sign....all of them will be.

Reply #17
Agreed. Throw her in the middle to get a spark....or a kick when the ball can't get down to her.

Or a contested mark that leads to an inside 50.  She is too good to be out of the play for long periods.

Collingwood had a similar problem with Mo Hope.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
Collingwood had a similar problem with Mo Hope.

Hope isn't fit, she incapable of leaving the 50m arc and the teams in the AFLW took full account of that.
The Force Awakens!