Skip to main content
Topic: Green Shoot of the Week (Read 10513 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Green Shoot of the Week

Reply #15
Jump onto the AFL website Cookie and listen to Bolts's presser at around the 1:39 mark. When asked about the boys coming out hard in the 3rd qrt, he said he didnt need to make a point about it to the players, he said Bryce Gibbs did, Murph did, Doc did, Crippa did, Ed did. All the leaders took charge and he didnt have to say a thing.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-29/full-postmatch-blues

Yes, thx GTC. IMO these may just be the most important green shoots of all atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
That mark and quick handball of Curnow's

He's looking more and more like Kouta each week.... will be a jet in a couple years.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #17

He's looking more and more like Kouta each week.... will be a jet in a couple years.

I reckon he's looking more and more like a cross between Swan McKay and Kevin Hall.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #18
Great idea for a thread Townsendcalling.

Reply #19
Cripps pack clunk mark in the last, slots the goal then does a double fist celebration and I know we are home.

I had movement downstairs.

Reply #20
Cripps pack clunk mark in the last, slots the goal then does a double fist celebration and I know we are home.

I had movement downstairs.

:)

Yes, there was a lot to like about that!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #21
Wiliamson darting in and out of traffic in the backline and finding a target..... again.

Yesterday, and I havnt seen the stats, he would have had 100% efficiency AGAIN. Amszing.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #22
Wiliamson darting in and out of traffic in the backline and finding a target..... again.

Yesterday, and I havnt seen the stats, he would have had 100% efficiency AGAIN. Amszing.
77.8% DE
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #23
Alex Silvagni.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #24

Agree....been a long time since we have had a player with poise and composure like he has coupled with great kicking skills...his acceleration in traffic and evasive skills
are Pendlebury like. Probably the best of our draft from last season IMO and that includes SPS who has been ok too....one thing Williamson has in his favour is his size, good height and strong enough to hold his ground. When he has the footy you feel comfortable its going to another Carlton player....Hayward kicked two on him and let him know about the last goal but our man was straight back at him and I like that he has some attitude too...

Reply #25
Great idea for a thread Townsendcalling.

Agree.

I've not seen the last 2 games, but agree with the people talking about Willo, what I saw of him against the Bombers said that he will be something pretty special.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #26
Spoilt for choice this week, but I can cope ::)

Samo's lightening fast decision-making and handball to Weiters. Weiters boots it home. Our future ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #27
Indeed there were some very nice signs.
[1] SPS: he managed 20 possessions for the 1st time. He really showed some dash and class with his quick decision making and accurate disposal. The way he moved through traffic was lovely to watch.
[2] Tom Wiliamson: his attack on the ball was excellent and his long kicking and dash embarrassed the Swans more than once.
[3] Zac Fisher: he wasn't as good as earlier, but he really did some nice things that lead to goals. Pity he did his hamstring.
[4] Billie Smedts: really played a decent game and took a couple of marks forward. Pity his first shot for goal was such a dud. But the 2nd was much better.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #28
so Fisher did a hammy? At what point?

I've seen nothing in the press or on CFC web site.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #29
Watched Weiters closely on Saturday. His angle chipped pass to Wright that ended in a goal to Charlie that iced the game is a snapshot why he will be a very special player.

The kid was hurting, was tired and being late in the game with a handy lead most his age would have tried to snap it for a miracle goal. Well not him.

And his field kicking is as good as our best ball movers.

So lucky we have him.  Love his celebrations after we kick a goal too.  :)