Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond (Read 17134 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14: Pre-Game Richmond

Reply #60
Late Mail

"CARLTON will monitor important defender Sam Docherty in the lead-up to Sunday’s clash with Richmond, as he has been battling calf soreness.

The Blues expect the All-Australian contender to play against the Tigers on Sunday, but he was very sore following a kick in the calf during last week’s win over Gold Coast.

He hasn’t done a lot on the track so far this week and will have a last hit-out on Saturday morning.

Carlton insist he will be right to play."

Reply #61
Fisher (achilles) and Cuningham (adductor) are out. Sumner and White into the 25.

Reply #62
ASt least our lads, especially the younger brigade, full well know - as a fact - that if they put the effort in they can beat anyone, including the much vaunted GWS.

They certainly won't be doubting their ability to beat the Tigers.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #63
Fisher (achilles) and Cuningham (adductor) are out. Sumner and White into the 25.

Sounds like we are managing players and dont need our best 22 out there as its only Richmond....

>:D
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #64

Bit of running power out of the team....lessens our chances IMO...
Dont mind Sumner and White as ins but those two players out are quality...

Reply #65
I think Graham, Sumner and Kerridge will come in. It'll be a bit slippery on Sunday. White is insurance for Docherty.

Richmond is a little nervous about Nankervis. Maric may come in.

Reply #66
Bench = Picket, Smedts, Graham, SPS
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #67
What has Smedts done to get a game?  A few more hard bodies but lost some class and pace.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #68
What has Smedts done to get a game?  A few more hard bodies but lost some class and pace.

We're a secretive mob... no mention of ZF and Cuningham in the Tuesday injury update... I guess we're meant to believe the injuries happened at training after Tuesday this week.  ???
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #69
Pickett should by the coach flowers, he would to pull his finger out to justify selection.
I was confident but three changes? Don't like it when 3 or more changes are made. Also, who the feck organises a gala dinner in between games? Why not organise during the feckin bye!
I think we might get rolled, hate this mob with a passion >:(
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #70
Pickett should by the coach flowers, he would to pull his finger out to justify selection.
I was confident but three changes? Don't like it when 3 or more changes are made. Also, who the feck organises a gala dinner in between games? Why not organise during the feckin bye!
I think we might get rolled, hate this mob with a passion >:(

Agree...Pickett was handy vs Werribee but didnt do enough....Smedts I guess was the travelling emergency, his form before that was ok but not outstanding...I think Palmer has a bit more class
and would have suited us vs Richmond...also would have played White...

Pickett, Smedts and my whipping boy Boekhorst  has a look of unreliability I dont like....Graham looks a more reliable player which makes me nervous...

Reply #71
Agree...Pickett was handy vs Werribee but didnt do enough....Smedts I guess was the travelling emergency, his form before that was ok but not outstanding...I think Palmer has a bit more class
and would have suited us vs Richmond...also would have played White...

Pickett, Smedts and my whipping boy Boekhorst  has a look of unreliability I dont like....Graham looks a more reliable player which makes me nervous...

I reckon you'll see a lot more rotations of fringe and newbies for the rest of the year.

i think they'll use the rest of the season to test the list fringe players and, lets face it, we have quite a few still.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #72
I don't mind the ins providing they play their role. There is still upside in performance levels for all three players. White and Kerridge potential upside is done and dusted but I think Smedts might have some more in him.

Reply #73
Lost Williamson, Fisher and Cunningham. 7, 11 and 10 possession last week. Not the end of the world that they miss. Pickett is the type of player that will play better at AFL level.  We need his speed.

Reply #74
I reckon you'll see a lot more rotations of fringe and newbies for the rest of the year.

i think they'll use the rest of the season to test the list fringe players and, lets face it, we have quite a few still.
But I want to beat these yellow striped maggots so bad!!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time