Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 37367 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #165
I rate Mitchell...was a good player at the Swans but is even better at the Hawks where he doesnt get the same amount of help....
44 times is a lot of footy...he went at 84% efficiency with the ball which is very decent considering Murphy who played well for us went at 70%..
He isnt the high impact goalkicking, break the lines star like Dangerfield but he is that reliable ball winner that every team needs in the guts.....
Different player to Murphy IMO...so hard to compare....

Reply #166
I rate Mitchell...was a good player at the Swans but is even better at the Hawks where he doesnt get the same amount of help....
44 times is a lot of footy...he went at 84% efficiency with the ball which is very decent considering Murphy who played well for us went at 70%..
He isnt the high impact goalkicking, break the lines star like Dangerfield but he is that reliable ball winner that every team needs in the guts.....
Different player to Murphy IMO...so hard to compare....

Most of Mitchell's disposals were handpasses and that would inflate his disposal efficiency as would the fact that kicks >40m to a 50/50 contest are counted as 'effective'.  Some of his kicking gave his team mates no chance, particularly the forwards, and his shot at goal was a shocker.

Not a bad player though!

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #167
Most of Mitchell's disposals were handpasses and that would inflate his disposal efficiency as would the fact that kicks >40m to a 50/50 contest are counted as 'effective'.  Some of his kicking gave his team mates no chance, particularly the forwards, and his shot at goal was a shocker.

Not a bad player though!

Yep, there are other bear traps hiding in the stats as well, always pays to read the fine print!

Like I50s that go uncontested and direct to an unmanned opponent.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #168
I find it hard to respect Hawthorn, even though my father barracked for them.

[2] Hypocrisy: Clarkson, Hodge and many others are total hypocrites. I was at the game many years ago when both Buddy and Fev were going for their 100th goal of the season. Buddy got his early: we couldn't stop Hawthorn at the time. However, as the game went on, Fev got closer and closer, up to 99 at 3/4 time. Hawthorn then did everything they could to stop Fev getting that final goal, including playing 5 men on him. Naturally Fev fell short, although a number of very cheap goals managed to be scored by us during the quarter.
Clarkson, Hodge and others then came out of separate occasions to state that it was pity that Fev didn't get his 100, that they did not try extra hard to stop him getting the goal and that they would be happy to see it happen.
What bald faced lies they uttered.
It doesn't bother me that they were so competitive that they felt they had to defend every goal. I can understand that. But to come out publically and to try to rewrite history with them in the role of good guy was ridiculous. I cannot believe any of them could honestly have believed that trash having seem them play
I was there too and with some Hawks supporters and they, along with Clarkson, were laughing in our faces at Fev not getting that milestone. What poor sports.

As has been said, Clarkson dropped 7!!! Players back on to Fev to ensure he didn't get his 100. It had nothing to do with them not wanting the crowd to rush the ground at all, Clarkson is just a ****.  Had he played fair Fev would've gotten his 100 And there could've been a double celebration and the game would be talked about now still for fair sportsmanship and two of the big time forwards getting their 100 at the same time. Instead Clarksons bloody attitude of screw everyone and don't care who you trample on to get what you want mean the game is really only remembered by both supporters for buddy and by Carlton supporters as showing that Clarkson was a ruthless small small Man.

Clarkson is a bad sport and just a **** of a guy. End of discussion.

Reply #169
Not the place for this enquiry but what the hell.  Does anyone know who the very, very short person was who walked around the ground with the 87 premiership group?

Reply #170
Not the place for this enquiry but what the hell.  Does anyone know who the very, very short person was who walked around the ground with the 87 premiership group?

Fraser Murphy (169 cms)?

Or was it a leprechaun?  :o
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #171

Had Alistair Clarkson already started chasing Ian Aitken?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #172
I was there too and with some Hawks supporters and they, along with Clarkson, were laughing in our faces at Fev not getting that milestone. What poor sports.

As has been said, Clarkson dropped 7!!! Players back on to Fev to ensure he didn't get his 100. It had nothing to do with them not wanting the crowd to rush the ground at all, Clarkson is just a ****.  Had he played fair Fev would've gotten his 100 And there could've been a double celebration and the game would be talked about now still for fair sportsmanship and two of the big time forwards getting their 100 at the same time. Instead Clarksons bloody attitude of screw everyone and don't care who you trample on to get what you want mean the game is really only remembered by both supporters for buddy and by Carlton supporters as showing that Clarkson was a ruthless small small Man.

Clarkson is a bad sport and just a **** of a guy. End of discussion.

It was a long time ago but I recall a Hawthorn player saying they did it off their own bat because Fev was so rampant that they thought Buddy's Coleman was in jeopardy.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #173
It was a long time ago but I recall a Hawthorn player saying they did it off their own bat because Fev was so rampant that they thought Buddy's Coleman was in jeopardy.

Yeah right.

AFL clubs always let young players entering a finals series to implement an off the cuff re-organisation of the game plan the week before the finals! ::)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #174
Yeah right.

AFL clubs always let young players entering a finals series to implement an off the cuff re-organisation of the game plan the week before the finals! ::)

Makes more sense than suggesting they got their rocks off Fev not getting a ton.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #175
That's bulldust.  Buddy kicked his hundreth in the third, whorks were up by maybe a hundred in the last, with four blokes hanging off Fev plus the entire side packed into defence.

Yep, must have been downright terrified of Fev breaking Fred Fanning's record in the last and us getting within 6 goals....
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #176
He beat Fev by 3 goals in the end, he had numerous chances to get those 3 goals if he didn't have 4 guys on him.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #177
That's bulldust.  Buddy kicked his hundreth in the third, whorks were up by maybe a hundred in the last, with four blokes hanging off Fev plus the entire side packed into defence.

Yep, must have been downright terrified of Fev breaking Fred Fanning's record in the last and us getting within 6 goals....

Yes, it was quite obvious that it was a co-ordinated campaign to stop Fev getting his hundred.  Players don't do that off their own bat.  In fact, they wouldn't have given a fat rat's clacker about how many goals Fev kicked, as long as they won and that wasn't in doubt.  It was Clarkson at his unsociable best trying to get a psychological advantage.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #178
He beat Fev by 3 goals in the end, he had numerous chances to get those 3 goals if he didn't have 4 guys on him.

Didn't Fev get 6 or 7 on the night!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #179
Why would they give a crap about Fev gettig 100 goals? The only people who did were Fev and Carlton fans.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!